Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
DE | EN | FR
Geo3X HP.indd 1
1. Supplied with
3. Keypad layout
4. Battery and charger
6. Safety notes
• 2 laser crosses at 90° to each other
• Laser cross to the ceiling
• Compact, rugged design
• Self-levelling function can be locked for manual use
• Cross laser Geo3X HP
• Multi-functional mount
• 3 x AA Akaline batteries
• User manual
Thank you for your confidence in us, having purchased a geo-Fennel instrument.
For the optimum performance of the instrument, please read this manual carefully and keep it in a
convenient place for future reference. This manual contains important safety information that should be
read and understood before use.
Technical specification and design are subject to chance without notification.
Precision by tradition.
Geo3X HP.indd 10
±3 mm / 10 m
• without receiver
20 m* (radius)
• with receiver (optional)
60 m (radius)
3 x AA Alkaline batteries
Operating time (all lines switched on)
Dust / water protection
Laser diode / laser class
635 nm / 2
-10°C to +45°C
Weight (instrument with batteries)
*depending on room illumination
2. Laser emitting windows
3. Elevating table clamp
4. Battery compartment cover
5. 1/4“ adapter
6. ON / OFF knob
Geo3X HP.indd 11
1. Pulse mode on / off
2. Vertical line (V1) on / off
3. Power ON / OFF LED
4. Horizontal line (H) on / off
5. Second vertical line (V2) on / off
6. Pulse mode LED
7. Manual mode (MAN) LED
8. Manual mode on / off
7. Elevating table clamp
8. Keyhole slot
10. Slot for strap attachment
11. 5/8“ thread for tripod
12. 1/4“ thread for tripod
Geo3X HP.indd 12
BATTERY AND CHARGER
Open the battery compartment cover and insert 3 x AA Alkaline batteries (ensure correct polarity).
SET UP OPTIONS
• on any flat surface
• on a tripod either with or without the multi-functional mount
• using the strong magnets on the multi-functional mount
• onto a wall using the keyhole slot (on a screw)
• utilising the strap attachment slot
Geo3X HP.indd 13
USE WITH A RECEIVER
To extend the working range or for use in unfavourable light conditions the Geo3X HP can be used with
a receiver. The receiver is optional (not included in the kit)
Press button „P“ (pulse mode LED (6) will illuminate) to change from normal to receiver mode. The
receiver can now detect the Geo3X HP laser lines (the visibility of the laser lines are weaker in this
The working range can be extended up to 60 meters by using a receiver. You will
find more detailed information in the receiver user manual.
The laser lines can be switched on and off independently of each other or altogether:
Turn the ON / OFF knob to position „ON“ and the instrument is ready for use. The laser lines can now
be switched on and off independently of each other or altogether.
A visible (blinking lines) and audible alarm indicates if the instrument is set up outside of the self-
levelling range. If so, re-position the instrument on a more level surface.
To power off turn the ON / OFF knob to „OFF“.
The instrument is now switched off and the compensator is locked to avoid damages during
NB: During transportation ensure the ON / OFF knob is set to „OFF“.
To disregard this instruction may lead to damage of the self-levelling mechanism.
Geo3X HP.indd 14
The MANUAL function is only available with the power ON / OFF knob set to „OFF“ (otherwise the
visible and audible alarm would be activated). Press the MANUAL button (8) and choose the desired
laser lines. The Geo3X HP can be used in slope mode.
Geo3X HP.indd 15
INTENDED USE OF INSTRUMENT
The instrument emits a visible laser beam in order to carry out the following measuring tasks (depen-
ding on instrument): Setting up heights, horizontal and vertical planes, right angles and plumbing points.
CARE AND CLEANING
Handle measuring instruments with care. Clean with soft cloth only after any use. If necessary damp
the cloth with some water. If the instrument is wet clean and dry it carefully. Pack it up only if it is per-
fectly dry. Transport in original container / case only.
SPECIFIC REASONS FOR ERRONEOUS MEASURING RESULTS
Measurements through glass or plastic windows; dirty laser emitting windows; after the instrument has
been dropped or hit. Please check the accuracy.
Large fluctuation of temperature: If the instrument will be used in cold areas after it has been stored in
warm areas (or the other way round) please wait some minutes before carrying out measurements.
ELECTROMAGNETIC ACCEPTABILITY (EMC)
It cannot be completely excluded that this instrument will disturb other instruments (e.g. navigation sys-
tems); will be disturbed by other instruments (e.g. intensive electromagnetic radiation nearby industrial
facilities or radio transmitters).
This instrument has the CE mark according to EN 61010-1:2010.
This product is warranted by the manufacturer to the original purchaser to be free from defects in
material and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase.
During the warranty period, and upon proof of purchase, the product will be repaired or replaced (with
the same or similar model at manufacturers option), without charge for either parts or labour. In case
of a defect please contact the dealer where you originally purchased this product. The warranty will not
apply to this product if it has been misused, abused or altered. Without limiting the foregoing, leakage
of the battery, bending or dropping the unit are presumed to be defects resulting from misuse or abuse.
Geo3X HP.indd 16
EXCEPTIONS FROM RESPONSIBILITY
1. The user of this product is expected to follow the instructions given in the user manual. Although
all instruments left our warehouse in perfect condition and adjustment the user is expected to
carry out periodic checks of the product’s accuracy and general performance.
2. The manufacturer, or its representatives, assumes no responsibility of results of a faulty or
intentional usage or misuse including any direct, indirect, consequential damage, and loss of
3. The manufacturer, or its representatives, assumes no responsibility for consequential damage,
and loss of profits by any disaster (earthquake, storm, flood etc.), fire, accident, or an act of a third
party and/or a usage in other than usual conditions.
4. The manufacturer, or its representatives, assumes no responsibility for any damage, and loss of
profits due to a change of data, loss of data and interruption of business etc., caused by using the
product or an unusable product.
5. The manufacturer, or its representatives, assumes no responsibility for any damage, and loss of
profits caused by usage other than explained in the user manual.
6. The manufacturer, or its representatives, assumes no responsibility for damage caused by wrong
movement or action due to connecting with other products.
The instrument is a laser class 2 laser product according to
DIN IEC 60825-1:2008-05.
It is allowed to use the unit without further safety precautions. The
eye protection is normally secured by aversion responses and the
The laser instrument is marked with class 2 warning labels.
· Follow up the instructions given in the user manual.
· Do not stare into the beam. The laser beam can lead to eye injury. A direct look into the beam (even
from greater distance) can cause damage to your eyes.
· Do not aim the laser beam at persons or animals.
· The laser plane should be set up above the eye level of persons.
· Use the instrument for measuring jobs only.
· Do not open the instrument housing. Repairs should be carried out by authorized workshops only.
Please contact your local dealer.
· Do not remove warning labels or safety instructions.
· Keep the instrument away from children.
· Do not use the instrument in explosive environment.
· The user manual must always be kept with the instrument.
Geo3X HP.indd 17
+49 561 / 49 21 45
+49 561 / 49 72 34
Technische Änderungen vorbehalten.
All instruments subject to technical changes.
Sous réserve de modifications techniques.
Precision by tradition.
Geo3X HP.indd 28