Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
FM-STEREO DSP RECEIVER
PL-118 is using DSP technique to digitalize the analog AM/FM broadcasting
signal base on the modern software technology and radio principles. It can
highly improve radio's sensitivity, selectivity, S/N ratio and anti-interference.
SETTING CLOCK (in radio off mode)
1. Telescopic antenna
Stereo earphone jack
5. Alarm set
6. Easy Tuning Mode (ETM)
7. Power on/off
8. Volume set
9. Multi-function tuning knob
10. LCD display
Alarm clock indicator
Sleep timer indicator
FM band indicator
FM stereo indicator
(appears only when
In radio on mode:
amount of ETM
Unit of modulation
Display Time and Frequency
Install two R03 (AAA) new batteries observing the battery polarity diagram
on the back of the radio.
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
Turn on/ off the radio:
Press the [ ] button.
Press & hold the [ ] button with “ ” flashing on the display which
indicates setting sleep timer. Rotate the [TUNING] knob immediately to
select sleep timer from 1~120 minutes or select permanently “ ”.
Listening to the radio with earphones:
You can listen to FM stereo stations through earphone with “ ” appears
on the display.
1. If the volume is below level 8, it will maintain the current volume when you
plug in the earphone; however if the volume is above level 8, the volume
will drop to level 8 automatically. You can adjust the earphone volume
according to your own needs. It is suggested to plug in the earphone first
and wear it later when you want to listen to the radio by earphone.
2. When the earphone is plugged out, the volume will automatically set to
Turn on the radio, press the [VOL] button with “ ” flashing, rotate
[TUNING] knob to adjust the volume.
Turn on the radio, then fully extend the telescopic antenna, press & hold the
[ETM] button until the frequency start running to auto scan and store stations
into ETM memory. You can rotate the [TUNING] knob to select those stored
station while the displayed frequency stop advancing.
You'd better reset the ETM when changing place.
Manual frequency tuning:
Repeat press on the [ETM] button and notices "ETM" disappears on the
display, then rotate the [TUNING] knob for manual tuning.
1. Press & hold the [ ] button with hours flashing, then rotate the
[TUNING] knob to adjust the hour.
2. Press the [ ] button with minutes flashing, and then rotate the
[TUNING] knob to adjust the minute.
3. Press the [ ] button again to confirm the setting.
You need to reset the time after changing batteries or cutting the power.
You can preset the alarm station following below steps:
1. Turn on the radio, then tune into your favorite station as radio alarm and
adjust your desired alarm volume level.
2. Press & hold the [ ] button immediately and notice “ ” flashing on
the display to confirm the preset alarm station.
SETTING ALARM BY RADIO
1. Press & hold the [ ] button with “ ” and “hour” flashing, and then
rotate the knob to adjust the hour.
2. Press the [ ] button with “ ” and “minutes” flashing, and then
rotate the [TUNING] knob to adjust the minute.
3. Press the [ ] button to confirm the setting.
1. The unit will turn on automatically and switch to the preset alarm station
on time. It will also be turned off automatically when it reaches the
preset alarm off timer.
2. The unit will move to snooze mode automatically if you don’t turn off the
alarm and it will start alarming again 5 minutes later(3 times at most).
3. Press the [ ] button can activate/deactivate the alarm by radio.
If “ ” shows on the display, it means the alarm by radio is turned on.
SETTING THE ALARM TIME
In radio off mode , press & hold the [ETM] button with either 87~108 or
76~108 displays to select your desired frequency range.
FM FREQUENCY RANGE
1. Frequency Range: 87.0 - 108.0 MHz/ 76~108MHz
2. Sensitivity (S/N=30dB): <
Signal Selection 60dB (±200kHz)
5. FM Stereo crosstalk: >25dB
6. Output(distortion 10%):
7. Alarm mode: by radio
Quiescent Current: <17mA
10. Earphone: 3.5mm /32
11. Power Source 2x R03(AAA)
12. Dimensions Appro: 100x 60x 17mm
13. Weight: 70g (excl. Battery)
1. If no battery has been installed within a few seconds, the clock of the
radio will stop working. However, those pre-stored frequencies are still
kept. The clock will work again after new batteries are installed.
2. When the battery power is low, the " " symbol on the display will flash
to alert you to exchange to new batteries. It will turn off automatically
when the power is gone.
3. Mixing the used & new batteries may cause damage to the radio and
also display the power capacity incorrectly.
4. In case the radio will not be used for a long period, take out the batteries
to prevent liquid leakage that may damage the radio.
IMPORTANT MATTERS FOR USING BATTERIES
TECSUN ELECTRONIC IND. LTD.
Address: Rm 11, 13/F, Block A, Hoi Luen Ind. Ctr.,
55 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.