Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Lex Lighting Safety Instructions
1. Please keep this User Manual for future reference and be sure to pass this manual on to
anyone using the fixture.
2. Always make sure that you are connecting to the proper voltage as stated on the decal or rear
panel of the fixture.
3. This product is intended for indoor use only! To prevent risk of fire or shock, do not expose
fixture to rain or moisture.
4. Make sure there are no flammable materials close to the unit while operating.
5. The unit must be installed in a location with adequate ventilation, atleast 20inches (50 cm)
from adjacent surfaces. Be sure that no ventilation slots are blocked.
6. Always disconnect from power source before servicing or replacing fuse and be sure to
replace with same fuse rating.
7. Secure fixture to fastening device using a safety chain.
8. Maximum ambient temperature (Ta) is 104° F (40° C). Do not operate fixture at temperatures
higher than this.
9. In the event of a serious operating problem, stop using the unit immediately. Never try to
repair the unit by yourself. Repairs carried out by unskilled people can lead to damage or
malfunction and will void your warranty. Please contact the nearest authorized technical
10. Never connect the device to a dimmer pack.
11. Make sure the power cord is never crimped or damaged.
12. Never disconnect the power cord by pulling or tugging on the cord.
13. Never carry the fixture directly from the cord. Always use the hanging/mounting bracket.
14. Avoid direct eye exposure to the light source while it is on.
Congratulations on purchasing your new effect from Lex
lighting. Reading through this manual will ensure trouble
free and long life operation of the unit.
- 500w Heater for Huge Smoke Output
- Wired or Wireless Remote (model depending)*
- Hanging Bracket
- Built in Tank
- Fog Unit Lex F500
- Wired Remote*
- Wireless Remote and Reciever*
- User manual
Operating Your F500
Plug in your F500 and select which remote your going to use. Both
Wired and Wireless remote receiver are connected to the machine
via a IEC fitting.
Fill the units tank with fluid to the recommended level as shown in
the level gauge at the back of the F500.
When using the wired remote, the red LED will illuminate on the re
mote when the machine has heated. Press the red button for smoke
When using the wireless remote, wait 5 minutes or so then press
any button on the remote for smoke output.
If two or more F500’s are in use via the wireless remote, all units will
fire from one remote.
Care and Maintenance
Cleaning your fixture will keep it looking great for many years and
also ensure its long life and trouble free operation. Clean your F500
with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Never use chemicals to clean the
fixture as this could impair its finish. Always make sure the fixture is
powered off before cleaning.
If you need to replace the fuse, always make sure you replace with
the same fuse specification. NEVER attempt to wrap foil around the
Mounting Your Fixture
Your F500 is designed to be hung from either a Ceiling, DJ Truss
or T-Bar Stand. The bracket comes supplied with a hole to allow
mounting of the fixture. Also rubber feet are fitted so it can be placed
on the floor.
Always ensure the fixture is tightly fitted to whatever it is your mount
ing it too.
Your F500 will get very hot during use. Please let it cool down be
fore handling the unit.
Your F500 is fitted with a ‘Auto-Cut Off’ feature which stops smoke
output while the unit is re-heating. This is normal.
Never let the F500 run dry of fluid. Doing so will damage the pump.
Always use a good quality fluid for the F500.
Never let anyone stand close to the smoke output. We recommend
a distance of atleast 2 metres.
Ensure good ventilation around the F500 when operating.