Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Part No. T22-9000005
Instructions & Warranty
SuppMix Sports Drink Mixer Logo
COOL GRAY 11C
When using this appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the
Read all instructions before, and follow whilst using this appliance.
1. Do not immerse charging cord or motor of unit in water or liquid of any sort.
2. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
3. This appliance is NOT a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do NOT play
with the appliance.
4. Cleaning or user maintenance shall not be carried out by children without the
supervision of a person responsible for their safety.
5. Do not operate this appliance after it has been dropped, damaged or has malfunctioned
in any manner. Contact customer service for replacement, examination, repair or
6. There are no user serviceable parts. If the appliance is damaged, it must be repaired or
replaced by the manufacturer or a suitably qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
7. This appliance contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
8. The use of attachments/accessories are not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause injuries or damage to the appliance and void warranty.
9. Before switching on, ensure the motor unit has been correctly seated into the blade unit
to avoid damage.
10. Do not mix hot/warm ingredients - always allow to cool to room temperature before
11. To prevent possible damage to the appliance do not use harsh abrasive or alkaline
12. Always clean the appliance after use and follow the instructions when cleaning this
13. Do not place on or near any heat sources.
14. Misuse of the appliance may cause injury.
15. Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
16. Do not twist or kink the cable, and don’t wrap it around the appliance.
17. Only use charging cord supplied with this product.
18. Do not use appliance for other than its intended purpose.
19. Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet before cleaning. To disconnect,
ensure the device is off, then remove plug from outlet.
This device should be supplied with an approved safety isolation adapter with the
output capacity of 5.0V DC, 1A (adapter outlet).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Congratulations on the purchase of your George Foreman SuppMix Supplement Mixer.
Each unit is manufactured to ensure safety and reliability.
Before using the appliance for
the first time, please read the instruction book carefully and keep it for future
reference. Pass it on if you pass on the appliance.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed.
Power buttons (ON/OFF)
Charge indicator light
Micro USB charge port
Motor release button
600ml Tritan cup
USB charging cord
BEFORE FIRST USE
• Remove all packaging material from the product.
• Rinse Tritan cup and blade with warm water.
Note: SuppMix requires charging prior to first use. See “Charging” on page 6 for
HOW TO USE
• Untwist the lid of the SuppMix.
• Fill Tritan cup with your choice of liquid according to powder product you are using.
• Add supplement powder (including protein powders, meal replacement shakes or other
• Twist lid back onto cup securely.
NOTE: Ensure the motor unit is fully seated into the blade unit before operating.
• Hold down either power buttons for 15 seconds or until mixed to your preferred
consistency (Image A).
• SuppMix performs best with 480ml of liquid, if you
require less liquid do not fill less than minimum of
• Recommended mix time is 15 seconds, if after that
time there are clumps of powder, mix until you have
your desired consistency.
• If powder is stuck to the bottom or sides of cup, turn
on and shake gently up and down or from side to
side to dislodge powder.
TIP: For best performance put liquid in cup before adding powder.
• Do not use for mixing ice, fruit or other non-powder or non-liquid substances.
• Do not use for mixing hot liquids or ingredients.
• Do not immerse motor unit in liquid. Wipe with damp cloth and dry.
• Insert Micro USB end of charging cord into Micro USB charging port on the lid of your
SuppMix (Image B).
• Plug USB end into the USB port of your computer, car charger or other USB charging
• During charge time, the red LED light will flash until fully charged. After the battery is
fully charged the LED will turn off.
NOTE: A full charge will take approx. 4 hours and will give you approx. 75 days of use.*
• Your SuppMix is equipped with a quick charge function. To utilize this function, charge
the SuppMix for 1 min. This will provide 2 or 3 uses.
*Based on 2 x 15 second uses per day
CHARGE INDICATION LIGHT
• To check the battery status of your SuppMix, press the power button and after the power
button is released the status will be displayed for 3 seconds on the charge indicator light:
100% - 60%
= Solid on
59% - 20%
= Slow flash
19% - 0%
= Fast flash
If light does not illuminate and motor does not spin, unit must be charged.
TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
• Put liquid in cup before adding powder – this allows for a
smooth even consistency.
• Fill cup to maximum of 480ml for best consistency and
• Do not use your SuppMix for anything other than mixing
powder and liquid.
CARE AND CLEANING
• Untwist lid from the Tritan cup.
• Detach motor unit from blade unit by pressing both motor
release buttons (Image C).
• The blade unit and Tritan cup are dishwasher safe.
Put washable parts on top rack of dishwasher or wash by
• Before storing and reassembling, ensure all parts are cleaned and dry.
CAUTION: Do not immerse motor unit in liquid. Wipe with damp cloth and dry
RECOMMENDED PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
480 ml of milk or water
50 g of protein powder
Add milk or water into SuppMix cup.
Add powder into SuppMix cup.
Mix for 15 seconds or until mixed to your preferred consistency.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 3004 Braeside
Victoria 3195 Australia
Customer Service in Australia
TollFree: 1800 623 118
Spectrum Brands New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 9817 Newmarket
Auckland 1149 New Zealand
Customer Service in New Zealand
TollFree: 0800 736 776
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and
Spectrum Brands New Zealand Ltd Warranty Against Defects
In this warranty:
Australian Consumer Law
means the Australian consumer law set out in Schedule 2 to the
Competition and Consumer Act 2010;
CGA means the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993;
Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and
purchased in Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be;
1. for Goods purchased in Australia, Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd
ABN, 78 007 070 573;
2. for Goods purchased in New Zealand, Spectrum Brands New Zealand Ltd, as the case
may be, contact details as set out at the end of this warranty;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in
Australia or in New Zealand; and
You means you, the original end-user purchaser of the Goods.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian
Consumer Law, or the CGA. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major
failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are
also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable
quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies
in respect of the Goods which the consumer has under either the Australian Consumer
Law or the CGA. The original purchaser of the Goods is provided with the following
Warranty subject to the Warranty Conditions:
We warrant the Goods for all parts defective in workmanship or materials from the
date of purchase, for the period of 1 year from the date of purchase
If the Goods prove defective within the Warranty Period by reason of improper workmanship
or material, we may, at our own discretion, repair or replace the Goods without charge.
4. The Goods must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This
Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Goods be attributable to
misuse, abuse, accident or non-observance of manufacturer’s instructions on the part of
the user. As far as the law permits, the manufacturer does not accept liability for any
direct or consequential loss, damage or other expense caused by or arising out of any
failure to use the Goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Exhaustible components (such as batteries, filters and brushes) of the Goods are
included under this Warranty only where there is a defect in workmanship or materials
6. The warranty granted under clause 3 is limited to repair or replacement only.
7. Any parts of the Goods replaced during repairs or any product replaced remain the
property of the manufacturer. In the event of the Goods being replaced during the
Warranty Period, the warranty on the replacement Goods will expire on the same date as
for the Warranty Period on the original Goods which are replaced.
8. In order to claim under the warranty granted under clause 3 you must:
(a) Retain this warranty with your receipt/proof of purchase; and
(b) Return the Goods to us at the relevant address or to the Supplier by prepaid freight
within the Warranty Period accompanied with (i) the legible and unmodified original
proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier,
the date and place of purchase, the product name or other product serial number
and (ii) this warranty.
9. This warranty is immediately void if:
(a) Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced;
(b) The Goods have been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorised to
do so by us or where non approved replaced parts are used.
10. The Goods are designed for domestic use only. The Goods must be connected to the
electrical voltage requirements as specified in the ratings label located on the Goods.
11. This warranty does not cover the cost of claiming under the warranty or transport of the
Goods to and from the Supplier or us.
12. This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia against Spectrum Brands
Australia Pty Ltd and in New Zealand against Spectrum Brands New Zealand Ltd.
Contact us or the Supplier for further details.
Register your product online
If you live in Australia please visit: www.spectrumbrands.com.au/warranty
If you live in New Zealand Please visit: www.spectrumbrands.co.nz/warranty
Registration of your warranty is not compulsory, it gives us a record of your purchase AND
entitles you to receive these benefits: Product information; Hints and tips; Recipes and news;
Information on special price offers and promotions.
Please contact Customer Service for advice.