Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
USE AND CARE MANUAL
MANUAL DE USO Y CUIDADO
GUIDE D’UTILISATION ET D‘ENTRETIEN
GRILL FOR 15 SERVINGS
PARRILLA DE 15 PORCIONES
GRIL POUR 15 PORTIONS
Register your product at
Registre su producto a
Enregistrez le produit en ligne á
• Read all instructions.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against electrical shock do not immerse
cord, plugs or appliance in water or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking
off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged
cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions
or has been damaged in any manner. Contact
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric
burner, or in a heated oven.
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an
appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
• Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug
cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any
control to OFF, then remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use this appliance for other than intended
• Fuel, such as charcoal briquettes, is not to be used
with this appliance.
• Use only on properly grounded outlet.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• This product is not intended for outdoor storage
• Be sure legs are assembled and fastened properly.
• See instructions regarding assembly of pedestal
under “ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS” on page 4.
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
As a safety feature, this product is equipped
with a grounded plug, which will only fit into a
three-prong outlet. Do not attempt to defeat
this safety feature. Improper connection of the
grounding conductor may result in the risk of
electric shock. Consult a qualified electrician
if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a
tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of
the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or
electric shock, do not attempt to remove the
outer cover. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Repair should be done only by
authorized service personnel.
1. A short power cord is provided to reduce the
risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord.
2. If a long detachable power cord or extension
cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the cord set or
extension cord should be at least as great as
the electrical rating of the appliance, and
b) The cord should be arranged so that it will
not drape over the countertop or tabletop
where it can be pulled on by children or
tripped over unintentionally.
c) Outdoor extension cords should be used
with outdoor use products and are surface
marked with the suffix letter “W” and with
a tag stating, “SUITABLE FOR USE WITH
d) The extension cord should be kept dry and
off the ground.
e) Store product indoors when not in use – out
of reach of children.
f) Do not clean this product with a water spray
or the like.
If the power cord is damaged, it should
be replaced by qualified personnel; in Latin
America, by an authorized service center.
1. Lid handle (Part # GFO3320-01)
2. Lid (Part #GFO3320-02 )
† 3. Grill plate (Part # GFO240-01)
4. Removable drip tray
(Part # GFO3320-03)
5. Grill base (Part # GFO3320-04)
6. Upper pedestal tube
(Part # GFO3320-05)
7. Lower pedestal tube
(Part # 21098B)
8. Pedestal base
(Part # GFO3320-06)
9. Pedestal feet
(Part # GFO3320-07)
10. Temperature control probe
(Part # 21006A)
11. Probe receptacle
12. Probe cutout
† indicates consumer replaceable/
Additional tools needed:
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR
• Remove all packing material, any stickers, and the plastic band around the power plug.
• Remove and save literature.
• Please visit www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
• Wash grill plate, drip tray and lid with warm, soapy water. Wipe dry.
Do not immerse temperature control probe in water or any other liquid.
To clean, wipe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
HOW TO USE
This product is for household use only.
1. Assemble pedestal tube by connecting two halves of tube. Insert the tapered end
of the Upper Pedestal Tube into the top of the Lower Pedestal Tube and screw the
2. Insert pedestal feet into pedestal base until they click into place. Place pedestal
base on a flat, level surface.
3. Insert slotted end of assembled pedestal tube into center hole of pedestal base
and push down firmly.
4. Place grill base on top of pedestal tube assembly, ensuring hole in center of grill
base engages with tube.
5. Place drip tray securely into position inside grill base.
6. Rotate grill base until the notch on the bottom of the grill plate is aligned with the
slot in the upper pedestal tube. Position grill securely on grill base. Attach clip
from upper pedestal tube to grill base.
7. Attach lid handle to lid from the inside using a screwdriver and included screws.
8. Place lid over grill. Your grill is now ready to use!
1. Turn temperature control probe to OFF position and attach securely into probe
2. Plug into standard electrical outlet. Align desired temperature setting with indicator
light. Place lid securely on grill. Allow grill to preheat to desired temperature – for
approximately 10 minutes.
3. Carefully remove lid and place food onto grill; cover for most foods. Cook until
done, turning at least once halfway through cooking time for most food. Adjust
temperature as needed.
Light on temperature control probe will cycle on and off as grill thermostat
maintains proper temperature. This is normal operation.
Condensation may collect on inside of lid when cooking.
Use caution when removing lid.
4. When finished cooking, turn temperature control probe to OFF position.
Temperature probe indicator light will go out. Unplug and allow grill to
cool before disassembling and cleaning. See CARE AND CLEANING.
Temperature control probe may be turned to setting 1 to keep foods warm for
short periods of time.
Use only plastic or wooden utensils on grill surface.
Grill surfaces are hot during use. Allow grill, drip tray, lid and grill base to cool
completely before handling and cleaning.
• To use your grill indoors, simply unclip grill base from upper pedestal tube, then lift
grill base off pedestal tube and place on a heat-resistant surface.
Never use grill without the grill base securely in place.
Some countertop finishes are more affected by heat than others; make sure
the countertop surface can withstand temperatures of 150°F to prevent discoloration
or other damage to countertop surface.
CARE AND CLEANING
Caution: To avoid accidental burns,
allow your grill to cool completely.
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
1. Unplug and allow grill to cool before disassembling and cleaning. Thoroughly
clean all parts after each use.
2. Remove temperature control probe (DO NOT IMMERSE). Wipe with a damp cloth
and dry thoroughly.
3. Remove grill base and empty drip tray.
4. Wash grill plate, drip tray and lid with warm, soapy water. Wipe dry.
Do not use metallic scrubbing pads, steel wool or any abrasive cleaners
to clean any part of your grill; use only nylon or nonmetallic scrubbing pads.
Temperature control probe receptacle must always be completely dry before
use. Make sure receptacle is dry before inserting control probe.
This product is not intended for outdoor storage.
The following chart is meant to be used as a guideline only. Cooking time will
depend on the thickness of the food. To be sure your food is cooked, USDA
recommends using a meat thermometer to test for doneness. Insert the meat
thermometer into the thickest part of the meat until the temperature stabilizes.
turn food halfway through cooking
8-10 min. per side or until 160°F
Shape into patties no
more than ½- inch thick.
4-6 min. per side for medium rare
5-6 min. per side for medium
Cut meat and veggies
into 1-inch cubes. Soak
wooden skewers to
steak (NY Strip,
Medium rare (130-140°F) 3-4 min per side
Medium (140-150°F) 4-6 min. per side
Medium well (155-160°F) 6-8 min. per side
Based on a 6 oz. chop,
¾-1 inch thick
3-4 min or until 145°F
Turn for even grilling.
10-12 min. per side or until a minimum
temperature of 165°F at the thickest part.
Pound or cut chicken
to an even thickness for
more even cooking.
8-10 min. per side or until a
minimum of 160°F
Shape patties into
6-7 min. per side or until a minimum
Based on ¾-inch
thickness. Let rest 2-3 min.
(5 oz.), skinless
3-4 min. per side or until a minimum
Brush surface of salmon
with oil before grilling to
2-3 min. per side or until pink
Toss shrimp with a little
salt before grilling.
Thin fish fillets (Pan
fish, tilapia, sole)
3-4 min. per side or until 145°F
Brush with oil to prevent
Toss vegetables in oil to add flavor and keep them from drying out. If needed, start
on #4 setting then reduce to a lower temperature and cook until tender.
6-8 min. or until tender, turning half
way through grilling
Grilling time will vary
depending on diameter.
Bell peppers, seeded
3-4 min. per side
4-6 min. per side
4-5 min. per side
12-14 min. or until pizza is hot and
cheese is melted.
Frozen pizza is not
recommended for grilling.
ASIAN BARBEQUE BEEF KABOBS
3 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
½ fresh, peeled and cored pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Mix ketchup and Hoisin sauce in bowl. Add beef and toss until coated. Preheat your
grill on setting #4. Arrange steak, pineapple and green pepper alternately on 6 (10-
inch) skewers. Grill kabobs 10-15 minutes for medium doneness (160°F), turning once
and brushing with extra sauce.
Serve with white or brown rice if desired.
Rub this spicy seasoning into the salmon before grilling.
1 Tbsp. paprika
½ Tbsp. cayenne pepper
½ Tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
tsp. EACH: thyme, basil and oregano
2 salmon fillets
2 tsp. olive oil
Mix spices together in a small bowl. Preheat your grill on setting #5. Brush the surfaces
of the salmon fillets with olive oil; top with spice mixture. Grill 4-5 minutes on each side
until done (min. of 145°F).
Wrap up grilled, marinated chicken breast, peppers and onions in warm flour tortillas.
25 Min, including refrigeration
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½-inch thickness
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream, for topping
Place oil into a small mixing bowl. Add peppers and onions; toss to coat. Set aside
Place spices into a sealable plastic bag. Add lime juice and chicken, seal and gently
knead chicken to coat. Refrigerate 15-30 minutes. Preheat your grill on setting #4.
Cook chicken 5-6 minutes on each side, until done (165°F). Remove chicken from grill;
let stand 3 minutes. Cut chicken into strips. Meanwhile, place peppers and onions on
grill; cook, turning frequently until tender crisp. To serve, spoon chicken, vegetables
and your choice of toppings down center of tortillas; fold in half.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH FETA CHEESE
1 lb. fresh asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat your grill on setting #4. Toss asparagus with olive oil and red pepper flakes.
Grill covered, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn asparagus and grill an additional 4 min. or until
tender crisp. Remove from grill. Top with feta cheese before serving.
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
4 hamburger buns
4 cheddar cheese slices
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup salsa
Preheat your grill on setting #3. Mix hamburger, taco seasoning and onion; shape
into 4 (1/2-inch thick) patties. Grill burgers 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done
(160°F). Remove from grill; top with cheese slices. Mix together mayonnaise and
salsa. Fill each bun with lettuce, tomato, burger and salsa.
For slider size burgers, shape into 8 (2 oz.) balls. Flatten slightly and grill 4-5
minutes on each side or until 160°F. Serve on small sandwich buns with toppings.
WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER
For support or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate 800
number listed within this section. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of
purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
service center. You may also want to consult our Product Protection Center at www.
Three-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does my warranty cover?
• Your warranty covers any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, the liability of
Spectrum Brands Inc. will not exceed the purchase price of product.
How long is the warranty period?
• Your warranty extends three years from the date of original purchase with proof of
What support does my warranty provide?
• Your warranty provides you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either
new or factory refurbished.
How do you get support?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call toll-free
1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does my warranty not cover?
• Damage from commercial use
• Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow
the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may
not apply to you.)
How does state law affect my warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from
state to state or province to province.