Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
GENUINE CAR-NAVIGATION UNIT
Thank you for purchasing a genuine Mazda accessory.
Before removal and installation, be sure to thoroughly read these instructions.
Please read the contents of this booklet in order to properly install and use the
car-navigation unit. Your safety depends on it.
Keep these instructions with your vehicle records for future reference.
There are several
sections in this booklet concerning
safety when installing or removing the car-navigation unit. Always read and follow them
in order to prevent injuries, accidents, and possible damage to the vehicle.
Indicates a situation in which serious injury or death could result if
the warning is ignored.
Indicates a situation in which bodily injury or damage to the vehicle
could result if the caution is ignored.
For areas indicating the tightening torque in this instruction manual, tighten to the
specified torque using a torque wrench. For areas in which the tightening torque is
indicated inside parentheses ( ), the tightening torque is indicated as a reference value,
however tightening using a torque wrench is not necessary.
Do not modify the car-navigation unit.
Do not install the car-navigation unit in any way other than described in the following
If in any doubt, please ask your Mazda dealer to install the accessory in order to
prevent errors in installation.
If you have any questions about the use of the accessory, ask your Mazda dealer for
proper advice before using it.
Mazda and its suppliers are not responsible for injuries, accidents, and damage to
persons and property that arise from the failure of the dealer or installer to follow these
To ensure safety and reliability of the work, installation, removal and disposal work
must be carried out by an Authorized Mazda Dealership.
Be careful not to lose removed parts, and be sure that they are kept free from
scratches, grease or other dirt.
PART NAME: CAR-NAVIGATION UNIT
PART NUMBER: TKY2 79 EZX (US/CANADA)
TKY3 79 EZX (MEXICO)
VEHICLE: MAZDA CX-9
To the dealer
Please turn over these instructions to the customer after installation.
To the customer
Keep these instructions after installation. The instructions may be
for installing other optional parts or removal of this accessory.
Should the vehicle or this accessory be resold, always leave these instructions
with it for the next owner.
TKY2 79 EZX (US/CANADA), TKY3 79 EZX (MEXICO)
Tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver
Socket wrench (10mm) or Spanner wrench (10mm)
Clean rag (soft cloth)
Before installation, verify that the kit includes all the following parts and that they are free of dirt, scratches,
2. BEFORE INSTALLATION
To prevent short related accidents while performing procedures, disconnect the negative battery cable
before beginning any work.
When disconnecting the connector, hold the connector itself to remove while pressing the connector lock.
Do not apply excessive force to the wiring harness as it could cause an open circuit.
When locking connectors, listen for a click that will indicate they are securely locked.
Be careful not to pinch the wiring harness. Otherwise, the harness may be broken.
Refer to the applicable Workshop Manual for removal and installation of vehicle parts. Not following the
procedures for removal/installation in the Workshop Manual could result in an accident or vehicle
When the negative battery cable is removed, the clock, radio, trip meters and other memories will be
erased. Before performing work, record the content of the memory.
When removing and installing vehicle parts, make sure they are clean with no scratches. Also, be sure to
cover the vehicle body with protectors or mats when removing/installing parts to prevent scratches and dirt.
NOTE: Requires factory installed 5.8” display. Not needed on vehicles with the
Technology Package (they already have factory navigation). All parts are the
same as OE (including SD card KD37-66-EZ1).
Negative battery cable disconnection
1. Set the selector lever to P range.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wrap tape around it
CAR-NAVIGATION UNIT INSTALLATION
Pocket Assy Removal
1. Grasp the clips (3) of grommet from the back side of the lower
panel and press it out to the vehicle rear.
2. Disconnect the connectors.
3. VEHICLE PARTS REMOVAL
When the negative battery cable is connected during
operation, it may cause electric shock or other personal
injuries. Disconnect the negative battery cable before
When removing/installing the parts, park the vehicle on
level ground and apply the side brake securely. Be sure to
turn the ignition switch off, otherwise the vehicle can move,
causing personal injury or vehicle damage.
Negative battery cable
Be careful not to apply excessive force to the wiring
harness when removing the connectors.
Back side of lower panel
Car-navigation unit Installation
1. Connect the USB, GPS antenna, and +B/ACC connectors to
the car-navigation unit.
2. Press the clips (4 locations) shown in the figure and install the
car-navigation unit to the lower panel.
GPS CONNECTOR INSTALLATION (For US/CANADA)
GPS connector installation
Disconnect the connector from the bluetooth unit and connect it
to the connector shown in the figure.
Be careful not to press the car-navigation unit when
When switching the connector, if the GPS connector
harness is secured with blue colored tape, peel off the blue
colored tape and install the connector.
1. Connect the negative battery cable and perform an operation check by referring to the owner’s manual
applicable to the vehicle.
Tightening torque : 2.9 – 4.9 N
2. If there is any malfunction, disconnect the negative battery cable and verify that each connector is properly
connected and the wiring harnesses are not damaged or pinched, then perform the operation check again. If it
does not operate normally, contact the dealer where the unit was purchased.
After installing the car-navigation unit, verify the connections of the GPS antenna, +B/ACC, and USB
connectors using the following procedure:
Connection verification of GPS antenna connector
2. After the opening screen ends, the Audio off screen is
Press the POWER/VOLUME dial to switch to the on screen.
Press the POWER/VOLUME dial and SEEK UP button at the
same time on the Audio on screen (press POWER/VOLUME
dial a little earlier).
5. OPERATION CHECK
SEEK UP button
5. After switching to the AUDIO system screen, touch the
buttons in the order of “1”, “5” and “ENTER” on the screen.
After switching to the Vehicle and Navi Signal Check screen,
touch “ “on the screen to switch the display screen to
“NAVI GPS ANT”. Verify that “NAVI GPS ANT: OK” is
If not OK, verify the connection condition again.
7. Press the POWER/VOLUME dial to switch to the AUDIO
Switch the ignition off
Connection verification of +B/ACC connector and USB connector
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. When the Audio off screen is displayed after the opening
screen ends, press the NAV button.
3. When the screen in the figure on the left is displayed, the
connection verification is completed. If it is not displayed,
verify the connection condition again.
Switch the ignition off.
Audio off screen
The procedure from this screen is performed by a user.
This procedure ends on this screen.
If the continue button is pressed, perform the “Reset
procedure” (Pg. 7).
1. Touch "No”.
2. Touch “Join Map Share”.
3. Touch “Continue”.
4. Touch “Yes”.
5. Touch “I agree”.
This procedure is in Step 3 of, “Connection verification of
+B/ACC connector and USB connector (Pg. 6)”, and is
implemented only if the “Continue” button is pressed by
mistake and the screen advances too far.
IMPORTANT: Follow "SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD PROCEDURE" and "REFLASH
PROCEDURE" (shown as last 2 pages of this instruction) before proceeding.
6. Touch the screen.
7. Touch “Setting”.
8. Touch the location shown in the figure.
9. Touch “Reset factory setting”.
10. Touch “Yes”.
11. Touch “Yes”.
12. Setting is finished when “Welcome” screen appears.
13. Switch the ignition off.
After connecting the negative battery cable, restore the vehicle functions using the following procedure.
Power window auto function
If the battery is disconnected, the automatic full open/close feature of the power window is disabled.
This feature can be recovered by the following procedure.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Hold down the power window switch until the window is fully open.
3. Pull up the power window switch to close the window and continue to pull it up for about two seconds
after it is fully closed.
4. If the feature does not function even after the ignition switch is turned off, contact an Authorized Mazda
Date , ,
TKY2 79 EZX (US/CANADA)
TKY3 79 EZX (MEXICO)
Perform the following inspections
1. Inspection items after installation
Verify the fitting between the vehicle part and the installed part, and inspect for damage or
When connecting connectors, verify the connection again to prevent poor connection or
mis-connection. (Insert two times.)
2. Vehicle parts reinstallation
Negative battery terminal
Is the nut for the negative battery terminal tightened to
the specified torque?
Tightening torque: 2.9
Power window switch panel
Verify the operation of all power windows which were
removed and installed. Verify the automatic operation
of the driver’s window.
3. Installation of accessory, operation check
Was “5. Operation check” performed?
The term of validity for this sheet : 3 year
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD PROCEDURE
Downloading Update Software to a SD card (if already completed skip to Reflash procedure)
1. Insert a new blank 512 MB (minimum) to 16 GB (maximum) SD card into the SD card slot of a computer with
internet access. Make sure the SD card is in the “unlocked” position.
DO NOT use the customer’s MAP SD card to update the system.
2. Go to “Start” and select “Computer,” then double-click on the SD card “removable disk”.
3. Delete any existing files.
4. Confirm that no files are left on the SD card.
5. Log on to MS3 and select “IDS/Infotainment.”
6. Select “TomTom Updates.”
7. Select “Click Here” to read the TomTom - End-User License Agreement (EULA).
8. After reading the TomTom - EULA, select “I AGREE” to gain access to the update file.
9. Save the “10.851.1441501_ECR9.5.1-CAB-Fuji.cab” to the desktop, then double click to open.
10. Copy the two update files to the SD card
11. Right click the two files and select “Properties” to make sure the files are “Read Only.” If not, check the box
to make the file “Read Only” and then select “OK.”
The files are made “Read Only” so that the system will not erase the files off the SD card during the
update process. You can then continue to use this SD card to update other vehicles.
12. Remove the update SD card from the computer.
The update files can also be copied to other SD cards.
1. Turn the ignition OFF.
For customer vehicles, verify that the navigation system software is not the latest. See TomTom
Software Version Verification Procedure.
2. Open the sliding door of the navigation control unit and remove the customer’s MAP SD card. Insert the
update SD card and close the sliding door.
3. Turn the ignition ON and wait for the audio system to turn on.
4. Press the “NAV” button to switch to the navigation screen.
It will take up to 1 minute to show the software update screen. First the hour glass appears, then
you can select the “check mark” or wait 5 seconds and the software loading will start (progress bar
is filled from 0%-100%).
DO NOT remove the SD card or turn the ignition OFF during software loading.
5. After the completion of the software update, the system will reboot and show a screen that says “No map
data found.” Turn the ignition OFF and remove the update SD card. The software update is complete.
6. Insert the customer’s MAP SD card and turn the ignition ON.