Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
23801 E. La Palma Ave., Yorba Linda, Ca 92887 Ph. 714.692.8180 Fax. 714.692.5016
Cobra recommends you always wear a helmet while riding. Please never operate your motorcycle while under
the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Enjoy the new look of your motorcycle and please ride safely.
Items Supplied >
– Assembled Lightbar
– Spacer, Aluminum .375” long
– Cable Ties 4” Black 18# Test
– Wire Quick Splice Connector
– Terminals, 16 gage Crimp
– Wire 18 gage Black 20” Length
KAWASAKI VN 900 / CLASSIC LT
Instruction Manual >
Read all instructions carefully before installing your new Cobra product!
1. Remove (2) Phillips head screws from headlight and set aside. Remove headlight from housing,
unplug and set aside.
2. Unplug turn signals inside headlight housing. Remove the (2) M8 and (2) M6 bolts from turn signal
bar and set bolts aside. Remove (2) M10 nuts from turn signals and remove from bar. Set M10 nuts
and turn signals aside.
3. Install your new Cobra lightbar by inserting the (2) M6 bolts removed from Step 2 into the stock
mounting location and snug. Insert the M8 bolts removed in Step 2 through outside mount, provided
aluminum spacers and into stock mounting location. Align Lightbar and tighten bolts to factory torque
4. Install Left turn signal (Black disconnect) in the same manner in which it was removed with M10 nut
set aside from Step 2. Repeat with Right turn signal (Gray disconnect.) Route wires through back of
headlight and reconnect to proper colored connectors.
5. Route the left spotlight wire under the lightbar towards the lightbar switch, take the right spotlight wire
and twist together with the left one. Insert the two (twisted together) wires into the supplied push on
terminal and crimp with a crimping tool. Connect this to one of the poles on the lightbar switch, it does
not matter which one.
Connect the 20” power wire to the remaining pole on the lightbar switch. Route the power wire
through the back of the headlight housing. Loosely pull slack out of wire and using the 3 supplied zip
ties wrap spotlight, turn signals, and power wire to the lightbar.
7. Locate the red wire with blue tracer on either the left or right turn signal supply harnesses inside the
headlight assembly. Connect the Black power wire from the lightbar switch to the Red with Blue
tracer wire using the supplied blue quick splice connector.
8. Reinstall the headlight with (2) Phillips screws removed in Step 1.
9. Check to make sure your handlebars turn from lock to lock without any stretching or binding in any of
the wires. Check the alignment of all your lighting. Make sure everything is in proper working order
before riding the vehicle.
Page 1 of 1
DOCUMENT NO. 0017