Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Clinique Sonic System
purifying cleansing brush
• Clinique Sonic System is not intended to be used by persons (including
children) with impaired physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lacking
experience and/or know-how unless they are supervised by or have
received instructions from a person who is responsible for their safety,
regarding how the appliance should be used.
• Make sure that children do not play with this device.
• Place Charging Base on a sturdy, level, dry surface.
• The supplier rejects any liability for any losses incurred by not following
these operating instructions, non-professional repair or incorrect
operation. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in
• Only connect the direct plug-in wall adaptor with the USB port to AC
voltage (100-240V). The USB plug at the end of the cable from the
Charging Base can be inserted into the USB port of the wall adaptor.
Clinique strongly recommends that the USB adaptor supplied with the
product be used to recharge the device. Many computers have USB
ports too, but computers function differently. While charging the Cleansing
Brush in a computer, remove accessories plugged into other USB ports.
• Check the USB cable for damage/cracks on a regular basis. The USB
cable is not replaceable.
• Do not use or store the Charging Base or adaptor near water, where they
can be pulled into water, outdoors or where oxygen is being administered.
• Never immerse Charging Base, its cable or the adaptor in any liquids.
• Never touch the adaptor with wet hands and never disconnect the
Charging Base by pulling the cable.
• Never touch the product with sharp or hot objects. Do not wrap the cable
around the appliance.
• Never operate with damaged adaptor, Charging Base or handle, or if not
working properly, or if it has been dropped, damaged, or if the adaptor,
Charging Base or its cable was dropped into water.
• It is not possible to replace the rechargeable battery.
• Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
• Never use while sleepy or drowsy.
• Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
• Do not carry the Charging Base by the cable or use cable as a handle.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Angled Tip: Green bristles
specially designed for
T-Zone, forehead, chin
for cheek area
Charging Indicator Light
Your Clinique Sonic System
Purifying Cleansing Brush
The authority in cleansing Clinique now lets you pair your favourite
Clinique cleanser with our first sonic cleansing brush for another level of
clean. Dermatologist-developed to clean where you need it most. Just
1 minute, 2 times per day. Removes impurities for clear, healthy-looking
skin and clearer-looking pores. By tilting deep into the T-Zone, Clinique
Sonic System goes where dirt and oil hang out to draw out impurities.
Gentle on skin yet cleans more effectively than hand washing. Skin is
better prepared to receive skin care treatments. With continued use,
looks and feels smooth, radiant, healthy.
• Swiss-engineered brush is shaped for targeted cleansing.
• Unique tilted head and sonic technology reach deep into problem areas:
forehead, chin and nose.
• Two types of bristles accommodate different areas of the face.
• Always clean this product thoroughly after each use.
• Ergonomic handle.
• Cleansing Brush is waterproof—can be used in the shower.
Charging Base is not for immersion or for use in the shower.
• Visit clinique.com/userguides for additional information.
Important Cautions and Warnings
If you are under a doctor’s care for any skin condition, or if you think you
may have a skin condition, please consult your physician before using
the Clinique Sonic System. Do not share brush heads.
Do not use on broken skin or areas of the skin with rash, severe acne
or other skin conditions. Do not use with any cleansing product
containing scrubbing beads or particles.
Do not use around the eye area.
The Clinique Sonic System has no user-serviceable parts. This product
is for household use only. Do not attempt to repair this product. The
cable cannot be replaced. If the cable is damaged, the Charging Base
must be unplugged. If you have any questions, please visit your nearest
Use only Charging Base and Brush Heads made for your Clinique
Preparing For Use
Allow Cleansing Brush to charge for at least 24 hours before first
Before initial use, carefully unpack your Clinique Sonic System and
remove all packing materials. See illustrations showing the important
parts of the Clinique Sonic System.
Hold Brush Head, angled tip facing up, so that it aligns with the round
disk on the handle. Gently but firmly press the Brush Head onto the
round disk until you hear a “click.”
To charge, place the Charging Base on a dry, hard, flat surface near a
properly functioning wall-outlet receptacle with the proper voltage rating.
Unfold the USB cable-and-plug to its full length and insert the plug into
USB port in the direct plug-in wall adaptor. Insert plug of adaptor into
the properly functioning wall socket.
Place the Cleansing Brush into the Charging Base with On/Off Button
facing forward. The Cleansing Brush may warm up during charging,
but this has no signficance to the Cleansing Brush’s operation. The unit
cannot be overcharged.
During use, a solid orange light will indicate low battery.
CHARGING INDICATOR LIGHT
During charging, a solid green light indicates that charging is complete.
CHARGING INDICATOR LIGHT
Directions for Use
Recommended cleansing time is up to 1 minute. Do not use the
Cleansing Brush around the eye area.
Your Skin Type and the cleanser you use will determine how often
you use the Cleansing Brush. We recommend you begin by using the
Cleansing Brush for 30 seconds, once a day. Follow with moisturizer.
When comfortable, build up to 1 minute, twice daily. Find the routine
that works best for your skin.
• Before using the Cleansing Brush, remove makeup around the eye area.
• Apply Skin Type-appropriate cleanser to moistened skin or directly onto
dampened Brush Head. Cleansing with a dry Brush Head may cause
• To maximize the benefits of two different bristle types: Massage in a
circular motion on cheek area using white bristles. To clean the T-Zone,
tilt Brush Head to use the green bristles and move into contours in an
up-and-down motion. Avoid eye area. Brush works best if you let it
gently glide over skin—there’s no need to apply pressure.
• Massage for approximately 5 seconds on forehead, on nose and on chin
and 15 seconds combined on cheeks, for 30 seconds total cleansing
time. When increasing to 1 minute, double the cleansing time on each
area of the face.
• Press the button to stop the Cleansing Brush, or Cleansing Brush will
automatically turn off after 30 seconds. To restart your Cleansing Brush,
simply press the button again.
• Rinse the Brush Head thoroughly after each use. Shake off excess water
and allow bristles to air dry. Clean the back of the Brush Head and the
handle in the area under the Brush Head at least once a week.
Cleaning the Charging Base
Always unplug the Charging Base from the USB port before cleaning.
Never immerse Charging Base in water or other liquid. Never hold the
Charging Base under running water. To clean, simply wipe off with a
soft, damp cloth.
Replacing the Brush Head
Replace the Brush Head if you notice the bristles are worn. For best
results, replace every 3 months. Visit your Clinique retailer or purchase
online. Using the Cleansing Brush to remove makeup may stain the
bristles, but will not affect performance. If discolouration occurs, clean
the Brush Head with mild soap and water.
To store, unplug the Charging Base. Clean unit and permit it to dry
thoroughly. Cable may be coiled, but make sure it is not twisted.
Traveling with your Clinique Sonic System
Clinique Sonic System is perfectly portable. When the Cleansing Brush
is fully charged, it can operate for up to 3 hours (180 minutes) without
recharging. If the button accidentally gets pressed and the Cleansing
Brush turns on in your luggage, it will automatically shut off after 30
seconds. Place the brush cover on the Brush Head to protect bristles.
Perfect Partners for Gentle Cleansing: Clinique Cleansers
Product Physical and Electrical Specifications
• Battery life fully charged is approximately 3 hours (180 minutes
• Time required for a full charge is 24 hours.
• Direct plug-in wall adaptor is rated 100-240 Volts ~ / 50/60Hz 1W input
and 5 Vdc output; Charging Base 5 Vdc; Rechargeable Handle 1.2 Vdc.
• As shown on the bottom of the Charging Base, the Clinique Sonic
System is a Class III appliance designed to be powered by a safety extra-
low voltage (SELV) supply. The voltage from an SELV supply, limited here
to 5VDC, is low enough that a person can safely come into contact with
the Class III appliance without a risk of electrical shock.
• This product complies with applicable directives and regulations.
Foaming Facial Soap
Skin Types 1, 2, 3
Creamy foaming cleanser
gently yet thoroughly
removes dirt, excess oil
Liquid Facial Soap Mild
Skin Type 2
Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula
Skin Types 3, 4
Gentle, effective cleansing developed
by Clinique’s dermatologists leaves skin
feeling fresh, clean, comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Cleansing Brush does not work at all, although it has been in
the Charging Base overnight.
We’re sorry you are having this problem. Let’s see if we can find
a simple solution.
• Is the USB plug inserted fully into the USB port of the adaptor?
• Is the Cleansing Brush sitting in the Charging Base, with the Brush Head
and On/Off Button facing forward?
• Has the Cleansing Brush been sitting in the Charging Base for at least
• Is the charging indicator light above the On/Off Button on the Cleansing
Brush GREEN? If yes, have you pulled the Cleansing Brush from the
Charging Base and pressed the On/Off Button?
• Is the USB adaptor fully inserted into the wall socket?
• Try another wall socket.
Can I clean my face longer than the indicated time?
It is not recommended. Overcleansing may result in skin irritation.
The Brush Head doesn’t clean my face as well as before.
It may need replacing—the expected life of our Brush Heads is about 3
months. But let’s check—
• Is the Brush Head attached to the handle as directed?
• Is the Brush Head clean?
The brushing power of my Clinique Sonic System has
The Cleansing Brush must be recharged. Over time, especially if you
consistently store the Cleansing Brush in the Charging Base, the battery
may lose its ability to fully charge. To maximize the life of the battery, the
Cleansing Brush should be fully charged for 24 hours before first use. In
addition, about every 6 months, it should be used until the battery is fully
Electrical equipment is not permitted to be disposed of with
household waste. Make use of the return policy in designated shops
or collection centres.
Disposal Information for the EU and Other Countries
with Recycling System
• It is not possible to replace the rechargeable battery. Prior to disposal,
use the appliance until the rechargeable battery is completely
• Do not discard in normal trash. This device and its battery contain
hazardous substances, which, if not treated properly, could damage the
environment and human health.
• When the product is depleted, contact your local authority for available
collection facilities, or speak to your local retailer to see if they provide a
free collection facility.
• You should not try to remove the battery yourself, it will be removed by a
professional waste treatment facility. For more information contact your
local authority or collection centre.
Information For The Disposal Centre
Battery Disposal Information
• The appliance contains a nickel metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable
battery. For environmental reasons, it must be disposed of in an
environmentally compatible manner at the end of its service life.
We stand by our product quality. Every Clinique Sonic System Purifying
Cleansing Brush is subjected to detailed inspections and testing.
Non-conforming cleansing brushes are extremely rare. However, in the
unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your Clinique Sonic System
Purifying Cleansing Brush or experience any problem with it, Clinique
Laboratories, LLC, 767 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10153 (“Clinique”)
offers you the following rights under our Manufacturer’s Limited
Warranty. These rights are in addition to any other legal rights that
If you would like to take advantage of the Manufacturer’s Limited
Warranty, or have any questions or concerns about the Clinique Sonic
System, please contact our Consumer Care team. Contact details are
provided on the last page of this guide or at clinique.com/userguides.
*For easy troubleshooting, please have your Clinique Sonic System
Purifying Cleansing Brush available when contacting our Consumer
The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (the “Product”)
comes with a 2-year limited warranty, the terms of which are set out
below (the “Limited Warranty”) covering any manufacturing defect.
• For 2 years from the purchase of the Product from an authorized retailer,
Clinique warrants that the Product is free of any defects in materials and/
or workmanship that become apparent during Normal Use (as defined
below) of the Product.
• If there is a defect in the Product that is covered by this Limited
Warranty, Clinique will exchange the Product for a new equivalent
Product. This is the sole remedy available under this Limited Warranty.
• To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, this Limited
Warranty is the only warranty that Clinique provides.
“Normal Use” means ordinary personal or household use by consumers
under normal home conditions according to the instruction manual
included with the Product. It does not include using the Product with
an Adaptor (other than the one supplied). It does not include using the
Product for any business or commercial use or purpose.
Limitations Applicable to the Limited Warranty
• The Limited Warranty may be relied upon only by the original purchaser
of the Product and if the Product was manufactured by or for Clinique
and sold by an authorized retailer.
• To make a claim under the Limited Warranty, you will be required to
provide Clinique with the purchase receipt evidencing the original
purchase date, and the Product, complete with all accessories and
components originally provided in the box.
• The Limited Warranty does not apply if the Product is used other than
for Normal Use, including but not limited to misuse of the Product.
Exclusions Applicable to the Limited Warranty
Clinique is not liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential
damages arising out of the use of the Product, whether arising from an
electrical issue or otherwise. This Limited Warranty is subject to local
regulations set forth in the country where the Product was purchased,
and because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation
of incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion
may not apply to you.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ONLY APPLIES TO CONSUMER,
PERSONAL, OR HOUSEHOLD USE. CLINIQUE MAKES NO
WARRANTY, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
FOR ANY USE OF THE PRODUCT FOR COMMERCIAL OR
BUSINESS PURPOSES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW,
EXCEPT AS TO CONSUMER, PERSONAL, OR HOUSEHOLD
USE, CLINIQUE DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
© CLINIQUE LABORATORIES, DIST.
NEW YORK, N.Y. 10022
LONDON W1K 3BQ
Consumer Care Contact Information:
North America/Latin America Region
All other countries
in this region
UK/Europe/Middle East/Africa Region
8 (800) 200-81-89
United Kingdom/Ireland 8000746905
All other countries
in this region
Asia Pacific Region
All other countries
in this region