Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Any claim under this warranty must be made within 12 months of the date of purchase of the product.
To make a claim under the warranty, take the product (with proof of purchase) to any Bunnings store,
(see www.bunnings.com.au for store locations) or contact Arlec Australia Pty Ltd. Arlec bears reasonable,
direct, expenses of claiming under the warranty. You may submit details and proof to Arlec for
consideration. The warranty covers manufacturer defects in materials, workmanship and finish under
This warranty is provided in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under law: our goods
come with guarantees which cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to
replacement or refund for a major failure and to compensation for other reasonably foreseeable loss
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality
and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The warranty excludes damage resulting from product misuse or product neglect. The warranty covers
domestic use only and does not apply to commercial applications.
This warranty is given by
Arlec Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN 009 322 105
Customer Service: (03) 9982 5111
New Zealand Toll Free: 0800 003 329
Building 3, 31 – 41 Joseph Street,
Blackburn North, Victoria, 3130
Blackburn North LPO,
P.O. Box 1065, Blackburn North, 3130
1. Electrical wiring is to be carried out by a licensed electrical contractor.
2. Before cutting a hole in the ceiling, check that there are no ceiling joists, wiring or pipes above the
desired mounting location.
3. The fan must be installed so that the blades are more than 2.1 metres above the floor.
4. A minimum of 500mm clear space above the fan is necessary.
5. If ducting is used it should be of a diameter larger than the fan blade. Duct length if more than 1 metre
will affect the fans performance. Care must be taken in order to avoid any water ingress on the exhaust
fan from the duct.
6. Do not install the fan in canopies over stoves, etc. as excessive heat will damage the unit.
7. The supply cord of this fan cannot be replaced. If cord is damaged, discard the unit.
8. The fan is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
9. Precautions must be taken to avoid the back-flow of gasses onto the room from the open flue of gas or
other fuel –burning appliances.
10. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or
mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
11. Children should be supervised to ensure that they don’t play with the appliance.
12. DO NOT attempt to modify or repair the appliance yourself –there are no user serviceable parts.
cautIon: anY ElEctrIcal WIrIng Is to BE carrIED out BY a lIcEnsED ElEctrIcal
Do not Install In an arEa WHErE WatEr MaY BE sPlasHED on tHE aPPlIancE.
1. Using the cutting template provided, insert a nail (or similar) through the centre hole and position it at
the centre of the desired location.
2. Insert a pencil through the other hole. Mark the circle and cut out the hole. The provided cardboard
template will mark out a 290mm diameter circle for the 250mm fan.
3. Ensure that a 3 pin power socket is installed in the ceiling close to the mounting hole.
4. Remove the grille from the fan by pulling apart where indicated.
5. Hold the fan close to the hole and plug power lead into a power socket.
6. Position the fan assembly into the hole and tighten the three screws (3 clamps will swing out behind
the ceiling) until the fan is held firmly in place. Do not overtighten screws. Alternatively, wood screws
can be used in the four holes provided.
For ceilings more than 13mm thick use wood screws (not supplied) to secure the fan to the ceiling.
Locate screws in the 4 holes in the outlet lip of the fan frame.
7. Check that the electrical cord is clear of the fan blades and blades are free to rotate.
8. Replace the grille by pressing over the flange until it snaps into place. The fan is now ready for use.
9. Ensure that the fan is switched off from the supply mains before removing the guard.
The front grille must be removed and cleaned periodically, otherwise the buildup of grease, dust and lint
etc will substantially reduce efficiency. Switch off the appliance before attempting to remove the grille.
1. Remove the grille by pulling where indicated, then wash in warm detergent water. The use of a small
brush will also assist.
THE GRILLE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CLEANING IN A DISHWASHER. DO NOT USE SOLVENTS SUCH AS
PAINT THINNERS ETC.
2. Wipe the surfaces of the fan blade with a cloth soaked in warm soapy water.
3. Replace the grille by snapping it in place.
DO NOT IMMERSE THE MOTOR IN ANY LIQUID AS DAMAGE AND FAILURE WILL RESULT.
Rated Voltage: 220-240Vac
Rated Frequency: 50Hz