Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Portable Phone Amplifier
QUICK OPERATING GUIDE
This Quick Operating Guide will help you get
started with your new
additional installation options and complete
instructions which allow you to use all
features of this Inline telephone amplifier,
refer to your Installation Guide and User
Need help? Call (800) 965-9043
AC POWER INSTALLATION
1. Install the AC adapter. USE ONLY with
the ClearSounds AC Adapter provided.
Attach the AC adapter to the IL95
(located on the upper left and side of
2. Plug the other end into a working
3. Follow the directions below for battery
backup in case of power outage.
Please note: Your IL95 may operate on either
AC or battery power.
1. Pull open the battery compartment.
2. Insert a new 9-V alkaline battery (not
included); following the polarity marking
in the battery compartment.
3. Replace the battery compartment.
1. Unplug the handset cord from your
telephone base. Insert this cord into
the jack at the bottom of the IL95
amplifier marked “HANDSET”.
2. Insert one end of the provided short
phone cord into the jack marked
“BASE” at the top of the IL95.
3. Insert the other end of the short cord
into the handset jack of the telephone.
4. All cords should be inserted so that
they “snap” into place.
5. Pick up the handset. Check for dial
The IL95 is not compatible with
Trimline, Cordless and Cellular Telephones.
ADJUST THE COMPATIBILITY
If you do not hear a dial tone or do not have a
noticeable volume and tone increase, you will
need to adjust the compatibility switch located
on the underside of the IL95.
1. Turn the dial to the next number
2. Pick up the handset and listen for dial
tone and adjust the volume and tone.
3. Continue to select the next number
until unit is set properly.
4. Place a call to someone to verify the
proper operation of your IL95. During
this call, you may need to select
another number to make sure both
parties can hear each other.
IL95 COMPATIBILITY CHANNELS
TRADITIONAL DESK PHONE
2 & 4
Most phones will work on Channels
2, 4 or 7. Channels 4 & 7 are also known as the “
setting as referred in the manual.
ADJUST THE VOLUME & TONE
1. Slide the VOLUME & TONE to best
suit your hearing.
2. Press and hold down the
button for more amplification when
The IL95 amplifier will turn
hang up the telephone.
Telephone: 800-965-9043 / TTY: 800-814-5359 / Spanish: 888-758-6056
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.clearsounds.com