Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Clear2O or Clear2OWater
Clear2O Products or Clear2Go
Copyright © 2018 Applica Water Products, Inc.
Applica Water Products, LLC.
Miramar, FL 33027
Read and Save the Manual
S C B T E C H N O L O G Y
Thank you for purchasing the Clear2O
Countertop Water Filter System.
Countertop Water Filter System filters hundreds of gallons protecting you
and or your family from the dangers of water-borne contaminants. Perfect and convenient
for home, apartments, office, studios, dorm rooms, RVs and campers. Our formulated,
OPTICLEAR SCB solid carbon block filter reduces contaminants including Lead and
Chlorine for great filtered tasting water.
Register your product at www.clear2o.com.
If you should experience a problem or have a product question, please visit our website at
www.clear2o.com or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your product model
number on your e-mail.
Replacement filters are available at our website www.clear2o.com.
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
A. Filter Canister Housing
B. Solid Carbon Block Filter
C. Filter Base
D. Filter Hose
E. Diverter Valve
F. Diverter Lever
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT WITH WATER THAT IS MICROBIOLOGICALLY UNSAFE
OR OF UNKNOWN QUALITY.
It is recommended that before purchasing the countertop water filter system,
you have your water supply tested to determine your actual water treatment needs.
Filter performance may vary based on local water conditions.
Replacement Filter: CCF2001
ow: 1.06G/min @45 psi
Max working pressure: 100 psi
Min working pressure: 15 psi
Max operating temp: 95FMin operating temp: 34F
NEED TO ORDER REPLACEMENT FILTERS
Visit our website at www.clear2o.com. Replacement filters (CRF1000 series filter)
Auto Ship Program: Register and order our Auto Ship Program to receive filters directly
sent to your home every few months. Makes it easy to keep fresh filters on hand.
For service and questions contact: email@example.com
You may easily find product information and/or product updates on our social media forums:
For purchases made in Iowa: This form must be signed and dated by the buyer and seller prior to
consummation of this sale. This form should be retained on file by the seller for a minimum of two years.
PURCHASES MADE IN IOWA
Please read carefully all instructions before using the product.
1. Read all instructions carefully before installing the Countertop Water Filter System
and store instructions manual.
2. Replacement filters can be purchased on our Clear2O
website at www.clear2o.com.
3. The actual capacity of the filter may vary from the rated capacity.
This may be due to the volume of contaminants or sediments present in your water
supply. For optimal performance, replace your filter when flow rate diminishes,
notice a taste or odor reoccurrence, the rated capacity has been reached,
and recommended to replace filter.
4. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or from unknown source.
5. Filter is only to be used with cold potable water.
Do not use with hot water, filter will be damaged.
6. Do not allow for the water filter system to sit for extended periods without being used
(over 10 days). If system must be left unused for longer than 10 days, it is
recommended to drain the water and remove the filter and let dry. Upon your return,
re-insert filter to into the system or replace with a new filter and flush the system
for 10 minutes.
7. Only use Clear2O
Countertop Water Replacement filters (CRF1000 series)
with this system.
is not liable for consequential or incidental damages due
to improper installation.
9. Installation must comply with state and local laws.
Refer to your local agencies for details.
10. Unwrap and make sure any plastic/other shipping material is removed before using.
11. Once installed, do not remove filter housing while water is flowing from spout. Turn off
water and allow pressure to decrease prior to attempting to remove filter housing.
Save these instructions.
CARE AND CLEANING
Leaks at fittings are rare and can usually be corrected by tightening the fitting or wrapping
the treads with Teflon tape. If the unit leaks at the bottom where the tower screws to the
base, be sure the O-ring in the tower is in place and screw the pieces together firmly.
At annual cartridge change, lubricate the O-ring lightly. Silicone grease is the preferred
lubricant, but petroleum jelly will work.
1. The filter housing can be washed with dishwashing soap followed by a thorough rinse.
2. Sometimes the diverter valves may become clogged with minerals from the water
and begin to stick. Remove the diverter valve from the faucet about once a month
and drop one or two drops of vegetable oil into the small hole where water enters
the valve. Rinse thoroughly.
3. If significant mineral build up occurs within diverter, remove diverter from faucet
and soak in white vinegar for 10 minutes to remove build up. Rinse thoroughly
and re-attach diverter to faucet.
Keep a record of the purchase receipt and/or installation receipt. This product has a
90-day Limited Warranty (which applies only in the United States and Canada) when
strictly used in accordance with instructions to filter municipally treated/private well,
potable tap water.
What does it cover?
Any defect in material or workmanship.
For how long?
90 days after the date of original purchase.
What will we do to help you?
Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or factory
How do you get service?
1. Save your receipt as proof of the date of sale.
2. E-mail our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the matter.
3. Make sure to include your contact information, model number and order number.
What is not covered by the warranty?
• Damage from commercial use.
• Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect.
• Products that have been modified in anyway.
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase.
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit.
• Consequential or incidental damages (please note, however, that some states
do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages,
so this limitation may not apply to you).
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights
that vary from state to state or province to province.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not intended for use with faucets which have a pull-out
or sprayer-type faucet or uncommon threaded faucet types.
1. Select a convenient flat surface and location on the sink where you have enough
water line length to attach diverter to a faucet.
2. Determine the type of thread on your faucet.
3. To install, unscrew the current aerator from your faucet spout by turning aerator in a
counter-clockwise direction. Normally this is done by hand, but you can use pliers if
need be. Save the aerator in case you move the unit to another location. Attach the
filter's diverter valve in its place. The diverter valve will fit most faucets without an
adapter, if needed, use one of the enclosed adapters, then attach diverter to adapter.
If the included adapters do not fit your faucet,
DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT.
Consult your local plumbing or hardware supplier for immediate assistance in obtaining
the correctly threaded adapters to fit your faucet. Or, contact Clear2O customer service
email@example.com. for additional adapter sizes. Please measure your faucet’s
aerator thread size for recommendations and accurate fit.
The thread size of the diverter is 55/64 inch-27.
4. Unscrew the filter housing canister (A) from the base (C). Remove the filter from its
protective sleeve and screw into the base (B) until the filter’s washer resistance is felt
and tighten appropriately. DO NOT over-tighten. Make sure the pre-moistened housing
O-ring is securely placed inside the canister’s groove slot, push down gently to screw
the threaded canister (A) into the base (B). Hand-tighten only.
5. To operate the system, turn on the cold water [DO NOT USE HOT WATER] to a
moderate flow rate, turn the diverter lever and water housing will fill and begin to flow
through the filter. For initial operation, let the water run for ten minutes before drinking.
6. When finished, turn diverter valve back to access non-filtered water and turn off faucet.
Diverter valve can be left in filtered water position if desired.
7. Upon shut off, it is normal for water to continue flowing from spout for a short period
until pressure within filter decreases/stops.
IMPORTANT: Do not run hot water through the filter.
Note: It may take as much as a day for all trapped air to work out of a new filter cartridge.
If water dribbles from the end of the spout after the inlet water is turned off, or if water
appears cloudy, the problem is trapped air. It will correct itself, and in the meantime, the
water is safe to drink.
No adapter should be needed, diverter may attach directly. If needed use adapter.
Select the correct adapter and washer.