Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Pocket Wi-Fi (Library Mobile HotSpot)
QUICK START GUIDE
1. What’s in the box
2. Before you start
Charge the device
1. Plug the micro-USB cable into the device.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into the AC
adapter and plug the adapter into an electrical
3. Charge until the battery charge indicator shows
the battery is fully charged.
1. Make sure you are in an area covered by the Sprint
3G or 4G LTE network (not roaming).
2. If you have a LAN connection, disconnect it.
3. Make sure your computer’s Wi-Fi (wireless connection)
mode is turned on.
3. Get connected
Power up the device
If the device is not powered on, slide the power button to
the right on the top. This will power it on
• The device will automatically activate. You will see
instructions to connect your first device to the
Wi-Fi network. (If the device does not activate, an
alert will appear.)
Note: It can take several minutes for your device to
connect with the Sprint Network.
Wirelessly connect your computer
After it’s activated, you will need to locate the Wi-Fi name
and password. On the Pocket Wi-Fi, tap the Lock Button to
turn on the screen, then tap the Lock Icon on the screen.
Tap Wi-Fi where you will see the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and
Password. You will need this information to connect your
Wi-Fi devices (PC, laptop, tablet) to the network.
1. From your computer, display the Wireless Network
Connections window and then click View Wireless
2. Select the wireless network name as displayed on the
Pocket Wi-Fi (SSID), click Connect and enter your Wi-Fi
password, also displayed on the Wi-Fi screen.
3. Launch your computer’s Web Browser.
4. Return to the Library
When your checkout period is over, return the device to a Clermont County Public Library. The Pocket
Wi-Fi will become inoperable if not returned within three days of the due date listed on the register
receipt. For every day the device is overdue, you will be charged a $1 overdue fee.
1. Clermont County Public Library, further known
as the Library, patrons will have access to the
Internet via the Pocket Wi-Fi (Library Mobile
HotSpot), further known as the Pocket Wi-Fi.
2. Patrons must be 18 years of age or older with
a library card in good standing to check out a
3. The Clermont County Public Library Internet Use
Policy applies with the use of this service. (http://
4. Customers are responsible for the ethical and legal
use of the device.
5. Any attempt to alter data or the configuration of
the Pocket Wi-Fi is strictly prohibited and may be
considered an act of vandalism and subject to full
replacement cost value. (See Fines and Fees.)
6. The Pocket Wi-Fi will be loaned for seven days.
1. The library is not responsible for any misuse, harm
or any other result due to your use of the Pocket
2. The Library is not responsible for any damage to
a patron’s personal property through the use of
1. The Pocket Wi-Fi is intended for the use of the
patron who checked out the device and his/
her immediate family members. Do not loan the
Pocket Wi-Fi to anyone else.
2. Customer may not profit from renting or charging
connection fees to the Pocket Wi-Fi.
3. As with all public computers in the library, the
Pocket Wi-Fi uses software to filter access to some
Internet sites. Further restriction of access to the
Internet is the responsibility of the library patron.
4. Patrons understand that when accessing the
Internet through the Pocket Wi-Fi, they are
accessing the Internet through Sprint’s network
and not the Library’s network. The patron’s use of
the Pocket Wi-Fi is subject to Sprint’s Acceptable
are available on Sprint’s website (www.sprint.com/
legal/agreement.html). Read these documents
before using the Pocket Wi-Fi.
5. Technical support for the Pocket Wi-Fi will be
provided by Manage Mobility at 1-800-931-5150,
6. Patrons understand the Library is not responsible
for any files, data or personal information
accessed/transmitted using the Pocket Wi-Fi.
7. The loan of the Pocket Wi-Fi can be renewed in a
library or online as long as another patron has not
placed a hold on the device.
8. If the Pocket Wi-Fi is lost or not returned within
three days after the due date, the wireless service
will be terminated and the Pocket Wi-Fi will
become unusable. The due date is on the receipt
given to the patron at the time of the loan.
9. The patron agrees to return the Pocket Wi-Fi with
the power cord, SIM card, battery and box to the
Library in the same good working condition as it
was when it was checked out.
Protection and Storage
1. The patron agrees to take care of the Pocket Wi-Fi
to ensure the device is not dropped or abused
causing damage. Keep the device away from
water, sand, dirt and other dangerous elements.
Do not leave the device in a car. If the patron
causes damage to the device, the customer is
financially responsible for the replacement value
of the device. (See Fines & Fees)
Fines & Fees
Pocket Wi-Fi usage is blocked upon failure to return the
item on time. Overdue fines & fees are as follows:
1. Overdue fine is $1 per day, up to $35, which is the
cost of the Pocket Wi-Fi.
2. Replacement cost is $35, plus a $5 processing fee.
3. Replacement cost will be reduced to overdue fines
applicable upon return of the Pocket Wi-Fi intact.
By checking out the Clermont County Public Library Pocket Wi-Fi
(Wireless Library Mobile HotSpot), the patron agrees to these terms and conditions.
Pocket Wi-Fi (Library Mobile Hotspot) Acceptable Use Procedures