Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
POUR LE SERVICE APRÉS VENTE
OU DU CONSOMMATEUR
PARA EL SERVICIO PARA EL CONSUMIDOR
ALLTRADE TOOLS LLC
1431 VIA PLATA, LONG BEACH, CA 90810-1462
MADE IN / FABRIQUÉ EN / HECHO EN CHINA
© COPYRIGHT 2003, ALLTRADE TOOLS LLC REV. 1
Please retain these instructions for future reference.
If you encounter any problems or difficulties,
please contact our toll free Customer Service Department at:
1-310-522-9008 (California only)
Prière de conserver ces instructions pour pouvoir y référer à l'avenir.
En cas de problèmes ou de difficultés,
prière de contacter notre Service Après-Vente au numéro d’appel gratuit:
1-310-522-9008 (En Californie seulement)
Por favor, guarde estas instrucciones para que le sirvan de referencia en el futuro.
Si usted se encuentra con algún problema o dificultad, por favor, comuníquese con nuestro
Departamento de Servicios para el Consumidor, llamando de forme gratuita al:
1-310-522-9008 (solamente dentro del estado de California)
Compresor de Aire
2 GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR
• Do not pull on power cord to disconnect it from the outlet. Keep cord away form heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• NEVER move the unit by pulling on the air hose. Use the handle provided on the top of the unit.
• DO NOT reach over or across running machines.
• To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when the compressor is used near children.
• DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO OPERATE THE COMPRESSOR AT ANY TIME.
• DO NOT MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS TO ANY OF THE COMPONENTS. Units with broken or missing parts, or without
protective housings or covers in place should NEVER be operated.
• Do not leave the compressor unattended while the power switch is in the “I” (ON) position. When the power switch
is in the “I” (ON) position, pump motor may start at any time without warning.
• Do not overpressurize tank.
• If compressor has been dropped or impacted in any manner, check tank for cracks before using.
• Never attempt to fill or operate compressor if any air leak is detected.
• Do not modify or attempt to service tank.
• Do not store liquids in tank.
• This product is not intended for use as a portable breathing device or to disperse any type of liquid.
• Maximum pressure: 100 PSI.
1. This product shall be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock.
2. This product is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with an appropriate grounding plug.
3. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and
DANGER: Improper installation of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. If repair or replacement of
the cord is necessary, do not connect the grounding wire to either flat blade terminal. The wire with green insulation
with or without yellow stripes is the grounding wire.
4. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if in
doubt as to whether the product is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided; if it will not fit the outlet,
have the proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
1. Use of an extension cord with this product is NOT RECOMMENDED. If you must use an extension cord, use only
extension cords that are intended for outdoor use. Use only extension cords having an electrical rating not less than
the rating of the product.
2. Examine extension cord before use. DO NOT USE DAMAGED EXTENSION CORDS!
3. Always disconnect the extension cord from the receptacle before disconnecting the product from the extension cord.
4. WARNING – to reduce the risk of electrocution, keep all connections dry and off the ground. Do not touch the plug
with wet hands.
1. After opening the carton, please remove all parts and check against photograph on carton. If any parts are missing,
please call Alltrade at 1-800-423-3598.
2. Close the drain valve on the bottom of the air tank by turning the valve clockwise until fully closed.
3. Attach the air hose to the compressor regulator valve. Use included Teflon thread-sealing tape on the threads to
make sure you have an airtight connection. Do not overtighten fittings.
4. Attach the desired accessory to the end of the hose. Use included Teflon thread-sealing tape on the threads to make
sure you have an airtight connection. Do not overtighten fittings.
WARNING: READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL PRODUCT FEATURES PRIOR TO OPERATING COMPRESSOR
1. AUTOMATIC ON/OFF PRESSURE SWITCH:
This compressor is equipped with an automatic on/off pressure switch. The compressor will only run when the switch is
in the “I” (ON) position. Once the tank has reached the desired preset pressure (see Operating Instructions), the pump
motor will automatically shut off. While the switch is in the “I” (ON) position, the pump motor will automatically turn
back on once the pressure in the tank drops below the minimum preset pressure. Do not leave the compressor
unattended while the power switch is in the “I” (ON) position.
The regulator allows you to select the amount of air pressure that is output through the air hose into tools and
accessories. Please refer to the air delivery requirements of your tools for the proper pressure settings.
3. TANK PRESSURE GAUGE:
The tank pressure gauge provides a reading of the air pressure inside of the compressor tank.
4. SAFETY VALVE:
This compressor is equipped with a safety valve switch that will engage when the pressure in the tank exceeds the
maximum rated pressure. DO NOT attempt to modify or remove safety valve.
5. TANK DRAIN FITTING:
Water is produced whenever air is compressed. It is critical to drain water from the air tank on this compressor
frequently. If unit is used only occasionally, tank should be drained after each use and prior to the next use. To drain
the tank, slowly open the tank drain fitting by turning clockwise. Once all water has drained out, close the fitting
securely. NOTE: tank will not pressurize while fitting is open.
6. THERMAL SHUTDOWN SWITCH:
The electric motor is equipped with an automatic thermal overload protector. If the unit is overheating, the motor will
automatically shut down. Turn the unit off and wait 5-10 minutes before turning the unit back to the “I” (ON) position.
If the unit shuts down again, please contact the manufacturer for assistance.
1. Slowly open tank drain by turning clockwise. Allow any water in tank to drain out. Close fitting securely.
2. Before connecting the compressor to the grounded outlet, check for broken components and accessories, and check
for damage to the hose.
3. Make sure the power switch is turned “O” (OFF) position.
4. Plug the unit into a grounded outlet.
5. Attach desired tool to the end of the air hose.
6. Turn the switch on the “I” (ON) position.
7. Adjust regulator knob to desired pressure level once the pump has shut off and the compressor has stopped running.
1. Disconnect unit from grounded outlet.
2. Disconnect tools and/or accessories from the air hose.
3. Locate drain valve on bottom side of tank.
4. Open drain valve to release remaining pressurized air and moisture from the air tank. Moisture build-up in the tank is
normal with air compressors, so a small amount of water may come out while draining the tank. Draining the tank is
vital for the longevity and safety of your air compressor.
5. Close valve and store the compressor in a cool, dry place.
1. This compressor is supplied with a closed lubrication system, so no lubrication is needed.
2. Periodically drain tank of excess moisture. Excess moisture in the tank will result in wear and tear on tools and
- Disconnect power cord from electrical outlet prior to fuse replacement.
- Replace with 5A 250V Glass Tube Fuse only!
1. The compressor will not run.
1. No power, or the switch is in the “OFF” position.
2. Motor overheated
3. Tank Pressure at maximum
1. Make sure the compressor is plugged in and the switch
is in the “ON position.
2. Allow compressor to cool for 5-10 minutes until thermal
overload switch resets.
3. Release air from tank
2 .Tank pressure drops when compressor shuts off.
1.Loose drain valve
2.Loose connection at regulator or pressure switch
1. Tighten drain valve
2. Check connections for leaks
3. Compressor runs continuously.
1. Excessive water in tank
2. Humidity too high
1. Decrease usage or increase size of compressor
2. Check all connections for leaks
4. Excessive starting and stopping.
1.Excessive water build-up in tank
1.Drain tank through drain valve.