Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
5C AMP 120W DLX BT (PA Amplifier)
O P E R A T I O N A L M A N U A L
5C AMP 120W DLX BT incorporates high-tech design and circuitry with high quality
performance and absolute reliability.
• Provision for both AC and Battery Operation ensures continuity of program.
• 5-MIC and 1-AUX inputs
MIC-1 to MIC-3 are provided with individual Volume Control, Volume Control -4 is for AUX
& MIC-4 & Volume control -5 is for MIC-5 & , The AUX input is for Connecting Mixer,
Cassette Player etc.
• BASS & TREBLE controls provided for shaping tonal quality of music & speech as desired.
• MASTER control permits adjustment of overall volume of program inputs.
• PRE-OUT for connecting Cassette Recorder for recording or for connecting additional
• 70V & 100V line for long distance speakers connections.
• Bluetooth Feature
• Thank you for purchasing 5CORE PA Amplier.
• Please read this manual thoroughly before making connection and turning on the power. Following the instructions in this manual will enable you to obtain
optimum performance from your new 5CORE PA Amplier.
• Please retain this manual for future reference.
FRONT & REAR PANEL CONTROLS & FEATURES:
1. MIC-1 Volume Control
2. MIC-2 Volume Control
3. MIC-3 Volume Control
4. MIC-4 & AUX Volume Control
5. MIC-5 & Volume Control
6. BASS CONTROL
For attenuating the signal level of low frequencies.
7. TREBLE CONTROL
For attenuating the signal level of high frequencies.
8. MASTER CONTROL
This acts as a GATE for overall opening of the volume
level of the Amplier.
9. POWER LED
This LED glows when the amplier is switched 'ON'.
10. Output LED for -13db
11. Output LED for -8db
12. Output LED for -3db
13. Output LED for 0db
14. Output LED for +13db
15. LCD Display
16. POWER ON/OFF Switch
17. INPUT JACK SOCKET FOR MIC-1
18. INPUT JACK SOCKET FOR MIC-2
19. INPUT JACK SOCKET FOR MIC-3
20. INPUT JACK SOCKET FOR MIC-4
21. INPUT JACK SOCKET FOR MIC-5
(All Jacks for connecting Low impedance microphones)
22. Selector Switch for MIC-4 & AUX input
23. Selector Switch for MIC-5 &
25. FM/ mode selector micro switch
26. Play/Pause micro switch
27. Prev/CH- micro switch
28. Next/CH+ micro switch
29. IR Sensor
30. 3 Core AC Main Cable with Plug
31. BATTERY Terminal Block
For connecting a 12V Car Battery as standby power
32. EARTH Terminal
33. AC MAINS FUSE 3 Amp 250V
This prevents excessive current ow caused by any
defect / short circuit in the amplier.
34. SPEAKER Terminal Block(70V/100VLine)
For connecting Column Speakers/Driver Units with
70V/100V line matching transformers.
35. SPEAKER Terminal Block(4Ω,8Ω,16Ω)
For connecting low impedance Speakers.
36. FM ANTENNA SOCKET
37. AUX INPUT JACK SOCKET
38. LINE OUT JACK SOCKET
39. PREOUT JACK SOCKET
(For Connecting to Cassette Recorder or Booster.)
40. Transistor pair -1 with Heat Sink
41. Transistor pair -2 with Heat Sink
10 11 12
5C AMP 120W DLX BT
5C AMP 120W DLX BT
GUIDELINE TO OPERATE THE AMPLIFIER
1. Place the Amplier in dry and well ventilated place. Considerable heat is generated inside the amplier during
continuous use, therefore do not block the top cover ventilation holes by placing anything on top of the amplier.
2. Only good quality Low impedance microphones like 5 CORE 5CM-ND 780X, ND 99X or ND series to be used to
avoid / reduce feedback & howling. This will help obtaining satisfactory power output from Amplier without
howling or feedback.
3. Driver Units, Columns Speakers & Box speakers give best performance and are safe from damage when fed with
up to half of their handling capacity. This is because these have to handle certain peak music signals and
transients which may be two to three times higher than the power wattage being fed to these by Amplier.
4. It is advised to keep the master Control of the Amplier at’0’ position before switching ‘ON’ the Amplier & later
may be moved to optimum position say ‘6 to 8’.
The equipment must be earthed properly before operating it to avoid electric shock. A wire from the Earth terminal
must be connected to either water pipe or to electrical earth for safe operation.
Low impedance Speaker Connections
Speaker impedance taps of 4Ω, 8Ω & 16Ω have been provided at the rear. Always use 23/38 or thicker speaker cable
to reduce power loss in the cables. Make proper matching speaker connection as explained below.
High impedance (70V/100V line) speaker connections
Resultant Impedance = 16
2 = 8
Resultant Impedance = 16
2 = 8
• Connecting two Speakers (like 5C-WC-50DX) in parallel.
• Connecting two driver units (like 5CU-60) in parallel.
• Connecting four Speakers (like 5CA-30T) in parallel.
Resultant Impedance = 16
4 = 4
• Connecting 12 Column Speakers with 100V LMT
connected at 10 watts tap.
• Connecting 6 Driver Units with 100V LMT connected at
10 watts tap.
Correct Phasing of Loudspeakers
When two or more speakers/Units are installed in the same area and are facing the same direction, it is essential
that their Cones/ diaphragms act in unison. Otherwise the sound level of one speaker will be cancelling the sound
level of the other. To avoid any mistake, the terminal of Box Speakers and the driver unit are marked ‘+’ & ‘-‘.
Always connect the COM of the amplier to ‘-‘ of Speaker and 4Ω/8Ω/16Ω of the ‘+’ of the Speakers.
In case of LMTs the COM of all the LMTs should be connected to the COM of the red terminal strip of the Amplier
and the Power tap to 70V/100V lines as shown in gure.
When 70V/100V line is being used, no Speakers / driver units should be connected to 4Ω/8Ω (low impedance) tap.
Loudspeaker / driver unit should be connected to either COM-4Ω, COM-8 Ω, COM-16Ω, COM-70V, COM-100V
terminals, but never to more than one set of terminals.
• WATER AND MOISTURE:
In order to prevent any re or shock hazard, do not expose this equipment to rain or
The equipment should be connected to a 220-240V 50/60Hz or 12V DC power source.
POWER CORD PROTECTION:
Do not cut, kink, damage or modify the power cord supplied with the equipment,
keep the power supply cord away from heaters and harmful chemicals. Do not place heavy objects on the power
Operation on Generator:
When operating the Amplier on a generator, make sure it is switched ‘OFF’ till the
generator voltage has stabilized and then only switch the amplier ‘ON’.
The amplier should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper
ventilation, Also do not insert or drop anything into the ventilation holes.
PREVENTION OF LOSS IN SPEAKER CABLES:
Always use thick cables for low impedance speakers
connections, Use of cable type 23/38 or thicker is recommended as heavy current ow through the cables.
PROPER SELECTION OF OUTPUT TERMINALS:
When 70v/100V line is used, do not connect speakers 4Ω/8Ω/16Ω
(low impedance) tap. Similarly do not connect speakers to 70V/100V line when 4Ω/8Ω/16Ω tap is being used.
GROUNDING OR EARTHING:
The equipment must be earthed properly before operating it to avoid electric shock.
A wire from the earth terminal must be connected to either water pipe or to electrical earth for safe operation.
Signal to Noise ratio
DC:12V (Car battery)
160 Watts RMS Max,
120 Watts RMS at 10% THD,
105 Watts RMS at 5% THD
2db, no load to full load at 1kHz
BASS:- ±8db at 100Hz
TREBLE:±8db at 10kHz
Pre-Amp 200mV/600Ω, Line 1V/1k
, 70V & 100V
(W415 x H132 x D280)MM
Thanks for using amplifiers.
For any assistance/suggestion
visit us at www.5core.com
MADE IN INDIA
CERTIFICATE NO.: 16RQ07AY