Related Product Video
Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Connection to the mains supply in the
DO NOT cut off the mains plug from this
equipment. If the plug fitted is not suitable
for the power points in your home or the
cable is too short to reach a power point,
then obtain an appropriate safety approved
extension lead or consult your dealer.
BE SURE to replace the fuse only with an
identical approved type, as originally
fitted, and to replace the fuse cover.
If nonetheless the mains plug is cut off
ensure to remove the fuse and dispose of
the plug immediately, to avoid a possible
shock hazard by inadvertent connection to
the mains supply.
If this product is not supplied fitted with a
mains plug then follow the instructions
DO NOT make any connection to the
Larger Terminal coded E or Green. The
wires in the mains lead are coloured in
accordance with the following code:
If these colours do not correspond with
the terminal identifications of your plug,
connect as follows:
Blue wire to terminal coded N (Neutral) or
Brown wire to terminal coded L (Live) or
If in doubt — consult a competent
The rating plate (Serial number plate) is on
the bottom of the unit.
To prevent electric shock, do not open the
cabinet. No user serviceable parts inside.
Refer servicing to qualified service
As a AC Power Adapter/Charger, the AA-
V80EK is used exclusively with the JVC
A WORD ON THE EXCLUSIVE BATTERY PACKS,
The battery packs are lithium-ion.
Give attention to the following to make the
most of their characteristics.
For charging: 10°C to 35°C
For operating: 0°C to 40°C
For storing: –10°C to 30°C
WARNING: NOT FOR USE WITH TOYS.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK
HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
This unit should be used with AC 110 –
, 50/60 Hz only.
To prevent electric shocks and fire hazards,
do NOT use any other power source.
• If used near a radio, this unit may
interfere with reception.
• Prevent inflammables, water and metallic
objects from entering the unit.
• Do not disassemble or modify the unit.
• Do not apply shocks to the unit.
• Do not subject the unit to direct sunlight.
• Avoid using the unit in extremely hot or
• Avoid using the unit in places subject to
When you are not using this unit for a long
period of time, it is recommended that you
disconnect the power cord from AC outlet.
EXTENDED-USE BATTERY PACK KIT
Thank you for purchasing this JVC Extended-Use Battery Pack Kit.
● This is a lithium-ion type Battery Pack, and is intended for use only with JVC camcorders.
● Before using, be sure to read these instructions carefully to ensure safe use of your new Battery Pack. For more details, consult your nearest JVC dealer.
● Some camcorders do not display the Battery Pack’s remaining power.
● Lithium-ion Battery Packs are small but possess a large power capacity. However, when the
Battery Pack becomes cool in an environment subject to cold temperature (below 10°C), the
Battery Pack has a characteristic that its usage time becomes shorter and may cease to
function. If this happens, place the Battery Pack in your pocket or other warm protected place
for a short time, then re-insert it into the Battery Pouch. As long as the Battery Pack itself is not
cold, it should not affect performance. (If you’re using some kind of the heating pad, make
sure the Battery Pack does not come in direct contact with the pad.)
● The Battery Packs should be charged at a temperature of 10°C to 35°C. If the Battery Pack is
charged in an environment subject to high temperatures, it may deteriorate. On the other
hand, if the Battery Pack is charged at a cooler temperature, it will not be charged fully.
● It is normal for the Battery Pack to become warm after charging or after use.
● If the Battery Pack is not in use for an extended period of time, natural discharge will occur.
Before use, charge it fully.
● If the Battery Pack’s power duration becomes drastically shortened immediately after charging,
it is run down. Purchase a new one.
● Avoid using strong, volatile cleaning agents such as benzine, alcohol or thinner. This may
damage the Battery Pack’s body or cause a malfunction.
Precautions for proper storage
● When not in use, store the Battery Packs in a cool, dry place where the temperature will not
● Be sure to remove the Battery Pack from the AC Power Adapter/Charger for storage.
● The AA-V80EK AC Power Adapter/Charger should be used for charging only. For the
camcorder’s power supply, use the AC Power Adapter/Charger provided with your camcorder.
● Use only the included AC Power Adapter/Charger. Use of another battery charger may result
in incomplete charging, malfunctions and risk of fire.
● Do not incinerate or disassemble; may explode or release toxic chemicals.
● Do not short circuit; may cause burns.
● When transporting, carry the Battery Pack in a plastic bag.
● For more details on handling precautions, use and proper storage of Battery Packs, please refer
to your camcorder’s instruction manual.
● When charging a brand new Battery Pack, or one that’s been in storage for an extended
period, the Charging Indicator may not come on. In this case, remove the Battery Pack, then
reattach and try charging again.
● Vibration noise can sometimes be heard coming from the inside of the AC Power Adapter/
Charger. This is normal.
● The AC Power Adapter/Charger processes electricity internally, and will become warm during
use. This is normal. Make sure to use the AC Power Adapter/Charger in well-ventilated areas
Charging and Installing the Battery Pack
Note that it is possible to charge a Battery Pack that has not been completely exhausted.
Plug the AC Power Adapter/Charger’s Power Cord
into an AC outlet.
Attach the Battery Pack to the AC Power Adapter/
● Charger Indicator 1 starts to blink. Charger
Indicator 2 does not blink.
● The Charger Indicator stops blinking but stays lit to
indicate charging has finished.
Attach the Battery Pouch to
your belt or hang it from
your shoulder and start
86 mm (W) x 41 mm (H)
x 83 mm (D)
Approx. 400 g
0°C to +40°C
–10°C to +30°C
+10°C to +35°C
35% to 85%
E. O. E. Design and specifications subject to
change without notice.
Install the Battery Pack in the
Connect the DC Cord to the
Battery Pack and the
camcorder. Use only the DC
Cord provided with the AC
BN-V856U Battery Pack
(based on room
+10°C to +35°C)
AC 110 – 240 V,
DC 7.2 V, 1.2 A (charge)
10°C – 35°C
94 mm (W) x 36 mm (H)
x 122 mm (D)
Approx. 390 g
Approx. 6.5 hours
Perform charging where the temperature is
between 10° and 30°C. (20°–25°C is the
ideal temperature range for charging.) If the
environment is too cold, charging may be
AA-V80EK AC Power Adapter/Charger
Charger Indicator 2
Blue to N (Neutral) or Black
Brown to L (Live) or Red
AA-V80EK AC Power