Related Product Video
Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Retrofitting the Venus 11 for the Front Oval Hatch
If you have any questions or problems at any time during your installation, please give
Ocean Kayak a call at 1-800-8-KAYAKS.
Your kit will contain: Plastic Oval hatch cover with rope, #14 Neoprene cover
Tools you will need:
Jigsaw with a fine plastic blade, drill, ¼” drill bit, 80 grit sandpaper, and small Surform rasp.
1. Remove the bungee.
2. With a fine tip marker, draw a line around the
hatch 1” from the edge.
3. Take the ¼” drill bit and drill a pilot hole next
to the line for a starting point for the jig saw
Step #4 photo
4. Using a jig saw, cut around the hatch using the line
as a guide. Tip – Use constant pressure and go slow.
5. Use the rasp to clean up the edges and
smooth out the shape of the opening.
6. Vacuum out the debris.
7. Stretch the neoprene cover over
the opening. It should be a snug fit.
Step #5 photo
8. Place the Plastic Oval cover on top
and secure the rope to the bungee.
9. Reattach the bungee and you’re done.
Step #7 photo
Step #9 photo