Related Product Video
Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
Geniatech Hybrid ATSC X8000A
Quick Install Manual
Defining the Geniatech Hybrid ATSC X8000A
Important Notice: “All channels are subject to coverage and may be changed from time to
time. Reception may depend on the type and condition of your existing aerial. Aerial
upgrade may be required. Please confirm coverage in your area.” We strongly recommend
that you install an outdoors antenna when you use the DTV receiver indoors.
X8000A is a small board that is plugged into a PCI slot of your computer.
s fully compatible
with your desktop PC use. Lets you enjoy digital (FTA) Radio and TV programs and Analog
• Advanced TV Application
Supports Digital HDTV for ATSC & Analog TV for NTSC
Rewind and fast forward live TV shows with Always Time Shifting recording
Electronic Program Guide (EPG, by 3 party software)
Support HDTV Receiving up to 1920 X 1080i
• Listen to ATSC digital radio
Receive digital radio stations from your PC
Automatic station searching
Create favorite stations for convenient listening
• Digital Personal Video Recording
Schedule TV recording and save directly to your PC’s hard drive
Installing the Hybrid ATSC X8000A device
In this chapter the system requirements and the installation of the Hybrid ATSC X8000A device are
Recommended OS system（Watching TV and recording）
IBM compatible PC with Pentium 4, 2.0GHz or above,
256 MB RAM, 512 MB RAM recommended
At least 30MB free hard disc space
Sound Blaster compatible audio card
3D graphic card recommended (with hardware
overlay support, up to date
One free PCI interface
Sound card for audio
Supported operating systems:
Windows 2000 Professional/Server (Service Pack 4 required)
Windows XP Home/Professional (Service Pack 2 required)
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (upgrade driver later)
DirectX 9 or higher
MediaPlayer 9 or higher
At least 10GB hard disc space or above, that’s necessary for DVR functionality
Additional system requirements for PCI devices
1 available PCI slot f
or each PCI card (do not use the one directly under AGP
graphic card connector).
If you use a multiple number of PCI cards, you have to calculate with a current of 4A on the 5V rail
for each of the used Geniatech Hybrid ATSC X8000A PCI card.
Recommended system requirements for HDTV reception
Hybrid ATSC X8000A
IBM compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP CPU with 2400MHz or above
3D AGP or PCI express graphic card recommended (with MPEG2 hardware acceleration,
hardware overlay support and up to date drivers)
Recommended operating systems:
Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 required)
Windows XP Home/Professional (Service Pack 2 required)
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will be supported in the future
For best results, a screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels with 16 bit color dept or higher is
recommended for use with DTV applications. A screen resolution of at least 1280x1024 pixels with
24 bit color dept or higher is recommended for HDTV.
You should update all your system drivers (main board, graphics, sound and network adapter
drivers) to the current version before installing the driver for the DTV-PC TV device. You also should
update your operating system with all service packs and hot fixes available.
X8000A ATSC Hybrid Stick x1
Remote Cable x1
Remote Controller x1
Multi-Function Cable x1
Quick installation Guide x1 (PDF format only)
Software CD (Driver and Application Software)
Installation of the Hybrid ATSC X8000A Device
Installation of the PCI device
To install the Hybrid ATSC X8000A PCI board make certain that the computer is turned off. Precede
the following steps to install the PCI card into your PC system:
1. Turn off the PC.
2. Open the case of your computer to expose the PCI slots.
3. Now you have to choose a free PCI slot. If possible choose a different slot than the slot next to
your AGP connector.
4. Unscrew the metal dust protector of the slot you have chosen.
5. Put the Hybrid ATSC X8000A board into the PCI slot.
Figure 2.1: Inserting the DTV board into a PCI slot
6. Tighten the screw on the Hybrid ATSC X8000A board.
7. Repeat the steps 3 to 6 for any additional PCI card you want to install.
8. Close the case of your computer case.
Your Hybrid ATSC X8000A hardware is installed now.
Installing the driver and software
In this chapter the installation of Hybrid ATSC X8000A PCI is exemplary described for the
operating system Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. The installation for the other operating
systems as Windows 2000 is similar.
Install the driver
Turn on the PC. Insert the install CD to CD ROM. Then plug the X8000A into one of the PCI
1. When you start your computer for the first time after installing the Hybrid ATSC X8000A PCI
card, the message “Found New Hardware” appears.
Please choose “Cancel”.
Run Driver Install or Driver\setup.exe, Computer will now automatically show an install
page, click “Next”
Choose “Continue Anyway” for installing 3 devices in Windows XP
When all finished, please check on Control panel, select “System”—“System
”—“Device Manager”, you can see one device new drivers installed.
You will see three new device installed.
Installation of Software packages
Run TotalMedia/Setup.exe to install the application software.
Step2: Installation of Total Media, Choose setup language
Click “next” to continue installation
Click “Yes” after installed of “Arcsoft TotalMedia”
Choose rote for installation if you want to change the recommended, please click
“Browse” and click “next” (Recommended is better)
Please select a program folder.
Program starts to copy files.
Click “Finish” to finish Arcsoft TotalMedia software install.
Arcsoft Total Media Users
How to use TotalMedia, you can get online help.
X8000A Connection (Only ATSC)
1. Connecting ATSC Hybrid X8000A TV Receiver to PCI interface on your PC
2. Connecting Analog TV Cable (for analog TV) or digital antenna (for digital TV) to ATSC
Hybrid X8000A TV Receiver
3. When you want to switch Analog, please switch to Analog Cable (ATSC Antenna can’t
receive the Analog TV Channel)
4. Input & Output Connections
Remote Controller Button List
Switch between S-Video, Composite, and TV
0 - 9:
Channel Number Keys
On/Off volume mute
Channel Up/Channel Down
Volume Down/Volume Up
Record/Stop recording the current program
Play a recorded program
Pause a program
Stops pre-recorded viewing and returns to live TV
Forward the current movie clip
Rewind the current movie clip
Takes a picture of what is on screen
Show/Hide Control Center:
Show/hides the display panel
Switches from full screen to the
TV wall function
Turns computer off
1. Can not lock any program channel when auto scan.
1. Please check if there is ATSC broad casting program in your area;
2. Please check if your signal condition is too weak, try to move the antenna around
and re-scan again, it is better to move the antenna near the window
3. Please check you connect the antenna and tightly
4. Please check you select right country in the Total Media software scan function
5. Please try to use an outdoor antenna and scan once more.
2. I do find some channels, but this time I get fewer channels than last time
1. Maybe you moved antenna’s position or angle, try to find the better position and keep
the antenna vertical
2. The weather also can also affect your receiving signal quality, if the weather is bad today,
that is the reason
3. In some new start ATSC broadcasting area, the provider of ATSC broadcasting may
change their broadcasting power
day by day, try to find the best power strength.
4. If you put a CAN of cola on the antenna, that will make signal weak, please move them
3. When I watch program, Screen blacked out when playing or freezes on first
Unfortunately, you are in a weak signal condition. You can see that from the Yellow light on
the top of U6010A. The reason is same as question 2.
4. Video playing but Audio failed
Please check the sound card or the volume setting.
5. Remote control does not work
1. Check remote controller batteries.
2. Check remote receiver: the light will be on when receive, that is showing it is getting
3. Check if you are in 5m between the Remote Receiver, don’t keep to far away.
4. Please point the receive window, that is to say, the angle of the receiving and sending is
6. Watching TV some time freeze or slow, also audio stroke
1. Please check your PC is not Pentium 3 or 2, X8000A need a high CPU to decoding
Please check you VGA driver is properly installed and updated
Please don’t run other high CPU loading software such as game and CAD.