Related Product Video
Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
THE SUPER CUB
Read First ------------------------------------------------------------------Page 2
General Overview & Introduction-------------------------------------Page 3
Panel Overview------------------------------------------------------------Page 4
Panel Description---------------------------------------------------------Page 5
Transporting and storing ----------------------------------------------Page 7
Service/Warranty information-----------------------------------------Page 9
Thank you for purchasing the AAD SUPER CUB Guitar Amplifier. A great
deal of dedication and passion went into designing and building this no
compromise, high performance compact-combo amplifier. It was conceived
to be a dedicated amplifier for the “connoisseur” guitarist. Reading this
manual will enable you to get the best performance from it so that you may
enjoy many years of service.
READ THIS FIRST
• Before using the SUPER CUB please read ALL the instructions.
• On receipt of product, check for any signs of physical damage arising from
shipping. If any damage is visible contact your dealer.
• Keep all original packing.
• Do not use this amplifier in a way that would compromise its ventilation system.
When operating, never cover the heatsink on rear panel.
• Do not locate this amplifier near any heat source.
• This amplifier must be connected only to a power source specified in this manual.
• For safety do not leave the amplifier plugged into a power source for long
periods of time when not in use.
• Do not let any liquid or foreign objects fall into any openings on the amplifier.
• Never use this amplifier if it has:
1. Suffered any physical damage.
2. Been subjected to any liquids, rain or moisture.
3. Damaged cables connected to it.
If any of the above occurs, the amplifier should be examined by qualified
• Always operate this amplifier with the correctly rated fuse.
Never use this amplifier without proper grounding.
• The mains plug is used as disconnect device, the disconnect device shall
remain readily operable.
Protective earthing terminal. The apparatus should be connected to a
mains socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product
should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To
prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from
uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable
reuse of material resources
The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
OVERVIEW OF THE SUPER
The SUPER CUB is not your usual combo amp. On first appearance it may be mistaken for
what it is because of its diminutive size. Don’t let this fool you, this is a very high performance
amplifier designed to give the utmost fidelity for acoustic guitar or any other lead musical
instrument where clean sound and absolute fidelity are paramount. AAD has pushed the
envelope in creating what is the smallest serious guitar amplifier currently available.
Rather than cram it with gimmicky features to enhance marketing, we decided to go all out on
making the best small amplifier money can buy. Nothing this small, with this performance has
ever been created before. To the working musician this amplifier will not only give sound
quality beyond expectations but in practical terms of transportation and storage; this amplifier
will be invaluable.
• Dual channel switch able high impedance/high gain input OR low impedance/low
gain stage with mute function.
• 8 Presets DIGITAL AUDIO Effects.
• 3 Band EQ designated for guitar.
• FX Send Return sockets.
• Tuner out.
• Pre-amp Output.
• Balanced Line Output with ground lift.
• Sophisticated amplifier protection circuitry
• 250watt RMS Amplifier
• Ultra low noise pre amplifier circuit.
BACK PANEL OVERVIEW
American Acoustic Development LLC
PULL MAIN PLUG
NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE
REFER TO OWNERS MANUAL
FRONT PANEL DESCRIPTION
1. POWER INDICATOR
2. INSTRUMENT INPUT JACK CHANNEL ONE.
This is a standard ¼ inch mono jack socket.
3. INPUT GAIN SWITCH CHANNEL ONE.
High: Higher sensitivity, high impedance input (80mV/4.7MΩ).
Low: Lower sensitivity input setting (250mV) for guitars with onboard electronics.
Mute: mute the input stage, when switch on, the clip LED will light up with green.
4. CLIP/ MUTE INDICATOR
When the amplifier output is clipping, the LED will light up with red. When muted, the LED
will light up with green.
5. INPUT LEVEL SENSITIVITY CHANNEL ONE
6. BASS EQ CONTROL CHANNEL ONE
7. MID RANGE EQ CONTROL CHANNEL ONE
8. TREBLE EQ CONTROL CHANNEL ONE
9. EFFECTS ON/OFF SWITCH
8 Fixed digital audio effects for both channels.
10. FX SEND SOCKET
Connect the FX send to auxiliary FX unit input.
11. FX RETURN SOCKET
Connect the FX Return to auxiliary FX unit output.
12. INSTRUMENT INPUT JACK CHANNEL TWO
This is a combo socket accepts both standard ¼ inch mono jack and XLR plug.
13. INPUT GAIN SWITCH CHANNEL TWO
14. INPUT LEVEL SENSITIVITY CHANNEL TWO
15. BASS EQ CONTROL CHANNEL TWO
16. MID RANGE EQ CONTROL CHANNEL TWO
17. TREBLE EQ CONTROL CHANNEL TWO
18. ROTARY ENCODER FOR EFFECTS SELECTION
19. EFFECTS BLEND CONTROL
20. MASTER VOUME CONTROL
This is the master volume control and it controls how much power you send to your speakers as
well as the line out socket on the back of the amp. When setting up your tone or plugging in your
instrument, you should keep this control at a low level. All instruments are different when it
comes to how much output is from the pickups. Likewise for players, depending on how hard or
soft you play.
BACK PANEL DESCRIPTION
21. BALANCED LINE OUT
This is an ultra-low impedance (200Ω) balanced line out for use with recording or PA mixing
consoles. This output is not controlled by the volume control. Changing the level on your
instrument will however, vary the DI output.
22. GROUND LIFT SWITCH
This allows the grounding of balanced out socket to be disconnected. This is useful if you are
experiencing hum caused by grounding loops/problems.
23. TUNER OUT
Connect to instrument tuner. This output can also be used as an additional line out.
24. LINE OUT
Can be used for driving a second amplifier.
25. POWER ON/OFF SWITCH
This switches the main power on and off in the amplifier. When you turn on the power, it will
have about 2 seconds delay to protect the speaker.
Do not leave the amplifier plugged into a power source for long periods of time when not in use.
26. AC INPUT SOCKET & FUSE.
Connects the amplifier to AC power supply. Always use a grounded plug and make sure
the AC cable is more than 3A rating at 250-volt AC. If you require a longer AC power cord,
we recommend the PJB heavy-duty 20 foot power cords. These are available as an
accessory. If fuse needs replacing, use a slow blow ¾ inch fuse rated at 2.5 amps.
27. AC INPUT -VOLTAGE SELECTOR.
Switches the amplifier to run on either 110-120 volt or 220-240 volt AC power. Never try to
run the amplifier on a 220-240 volt supply when switched to 110-120 volt. This can possibly
cause major damage to the amplifier.
USING THE SUPER CUB
The Super Cub AG-300 is unlike any other guitar amplifier. Its unique six speaker system
creates a 3 dimensional sound field atypical of guitar amplifiers: 4 speakers facing forward
and two facing up to work as a monitor. The result is that you and fellow players will hear
exactly the same sound as the audience. Because it has a very broad sound field with
immense clarity, you will soon become very comfortable with this and feel more connected
to the sound as if it was the guitar itself responding without any latency.
You can use the AG-300 standing at floor level or you can use the optional tripod stand
( AAD model AG-S1) for enhanced projection. Do not place any object on top of the
cabinet as this will impair the sound quality.
Channel One is ideally suited for electrics and has a warmer somewhat darker tone. This is
due to the internal pre amp modeling based on the response of a vintage 12 inch guitar
speaker. Overdrive pedals can sound rich and tube like even though the amp is all solid
state. The EQ is also tuned to fit magnetic pickups.
Channel Two is tailored for acoustics but if you are looking for ultra clean electric sound,
you can use this channel on solid body guitars too. You can also use a balance low
impedance microphone on this too. The EQ circuit is designed to give a full transparent
sound and has a wider range than that on Channel one.
The internal FX have been selected to give a variety of Echo, Reverb and Chorus sounds
and we suggest you try out each effect with varying the blend control to get the most
suitable effect on your instrument.
There is an option to use external FX pedals with the FX send return jacks.
Although this amp was designed for mainly guitar, it can also be used as a keyboard amp
and will provide the highest fidelity on piano or organ sounds. It can also be used with a
variety of stringed instruments such as violin, cello, mandolin or others with excellent
TRANSPORTING AND STORING THE SUPER CUB
When transporting in a vehicle, it is recommended that you use an external case or heavy-duty
cover to prevent it being damaged by falling over or other objects falling on it.
• Keep the SUPER CUB in a dry location preferably at room temperature.
• Do not store the SUPER CUB in temperatures below -20 Degrees C or above 40
• Do not allow it to get wet. If this occurs, never turn it on in this condition.
• Do not leave the SUPER CUB connected to a power source for long periods of time.
Computer Optimized Enclosure
Speaker Frequency Response: 80Hz –15KHz
Speaker Compliment: 6 x 5inch proprietary NEO-POWER, extended-range drivers
Speaker Sensitivity: 97dB/W/M
Internal Speaker Impedance: 6 Ohms
Dimensions: Inches 12.5W x 13.75D x 14.75H
mm 320 W x 350 D x 375 H
Speaker Net Weight: 27.5 Lbs / 12.5Kg
250watt Solid State class AB amplifier with digital switch mode power supply.
Signal to Noise Ratio
Better than 90 dB
8 Fixed DIGITAL AUDIO Effects:
1. Flanger 0.6Hz & Reverb 2.0 sec
2. Chorus 0.6 Hz
3. Chorus0.6 Hz & Reverb 2.0 sec
4. Echo 50% F.B. 300 ms
5. Echo 50% F.B. 150 ms
6. Reverb 4.0 sec
7. Reverb 2.0 sec
8. Flanger 0.6 Hz
High Input: >4M
Low Input: >100K
Pre Amp Out: < 2K
Bal. Line Out: <200
High Input: 10mV-2.5V
Low Input: 20mV-5V
Pre Amp Out: 1.2V
FX send: 250mV
Bal. Line Out: Typical 600mV
1. AC line filter.
2. Slow-blow Fuse: 3A / 250V.
3. Smart Thermal Protection: auto turn down the output power to about 50% when the heat sink
temperature over 65º C.
4. Loudspeaker Short-Circuit Protection.
5. DC Output Protection.
12 ft AC Power Cord
PJB-ST001 tripod stand
The SUPER CUB has a warranty period of 2 years, starting from the date of purchase. The
buyer must complete and return the enclosed warranty card within 14 days of purchase.
This warranty covers defect in materials or workmanship that occurs in normal use. Within
warranty period AAD will repair or replace the defect unit free of labor and parts charge. It is
the buyer’s responsibility to use the unit strictly according to instructions written in this
manual and amplifier manual.
This warranty is not transferable; it is provided to original owner only. Damage/defects caused
by the following conditions are not covered by this warranty:
• Improper handling, neglect or failure to operate the unit in compliance with the
instructions given in user manual;
• Connection or operation of the speakers in any way that does not comply with the technical
or safely regulations applicable in the country where the product is used;
• Repairs or modifications by anyone other than authorized AAD service agent;
• Damages/defects caused by force majeure or any other condition that is beyond the
control of AAD.
Should you need any warranty service, please bring the SUPER CUB back to the dealer from
whom you purchased, along with your sales receipt. Depending on the complexity of the repair
work, your dealer may return the defect unit to AAD service center for repair or replacement.
American Acoustic Development LLC
8559 Page Avenue St. Louis, MO 63114 USA
Tel: 314 814 3383 or 314 814 1264
Fax: 314 628 9941