Related Product Video
Full Text Searchable PDF User Manual
register your product at
Table of Contents
• Important Safety Information ...................................................... 2
• Technical Specifications ............................................................... 3
• Aquatic 2 Features .......................................................................... 4
• Installation Instructions ................................................................ 6
• Wiring Diagram ................................................................................ 10
• Operating Instructions ................................................................... 11
• Maintenance ..................................................................................... 12
• Troubleshooting ............................................................................... 13
• Warranty ............................................................................................ 14
Important Safety Information
Proper installation and usage of your Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator is your responsibility.
Read and follow this owner’s manual carefully for important installation, operation and
safety information. Basic safety precautions should always be followed, including but not
limited to the following:
• Read and follow all instructions.
• All electrical connections should be made by a qualified electrician.
• Follow all applicable electrical codes.
• Be sure the electrical power is shut OFF at the main circuit breaker before installing the
• If the ozone generator electrical connection is to be attached to spa controls, be sure the
spa controls are protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI). If the Aquatic 2
is connected to an independent electrical supply a GFCI must be installed between the
ozone generator and the electrical supply.
• Do not bury the cord.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of electrical shock, replace damaged cord immediately.
• Per UL spa requirements, the Aquatic 2 must be mounted indoors or under a cover
sheltered from the elements (rain, sun, sprinklers).
• Mount the Aquatic 2 so that it is inaccessible to anyone in the spa. Never attempt
servicing when wet.
• To reduce the risk of injury, the unit should be mounted where it is inaccessible to
• Plastic ozone supply tubing is available with the Aquatic 2. Never replace this tubing with
• Do not operate the Aquatic 2 unless sufficient air flow is being drawn through the unit.
WARNING – Short term inhalation of high concentrations of ozone and long-term
inhalations of low concentrations of ozone can cause harmful physiological effects. Do not
inhale ozone gas produced by the device.
PLEASE SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
In Accordance With California Regulations -- This Ozone Generator is Solely for Industrial
Use and Must Be Installed by a Professional. Potential Health Hazard: Emits Ozone.
85-250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
3.6 x 2.5 x 5.7 inches
92 x 62 x 146 millimeters
1. Aquatic 2 spa ozone generator
2. Aquatic 2 operation manual
3. 1 check valve
4. 5 feet of tubing
5. 4 hose ties
6. 2 screws and plastic anchor for mounting
(Bottom of unit)
Aquatic 2 Features
Allows air that is needed for ozone to pass over the ozone cell. DO
Indicates when there is power to the unit. If the power is supplied,
the light will remain a solid red.
Ozone is sucked out through this port.
Supplys power to the ozone generator.
How the Aquatic 2 Works
A2Z Ozone Generators produce ozone gas which is introduced to spa water through suction
created by the spa injector. Tubing is used to connect the ozone generator to an injector
or a vacuum port provided by the spa manufacturer. The injector or vacuum ports are
sources used to pull the ozone gas out of the ozone generator and into the water. At no time
should water come in contact with the Aquatic 2. To protect the ozone generator from water
traveling backwards through the tubing connection, the unit must be mounted and plumbed
as described in this manual.
• 1 installation manual
• 1 check valve
• 5 feet of tubing
• 4 hose ties
• 2 screws and plastic anchor for mounting
Installation Tools and Materials
• Phillips screwdriver
• The Aquatic 2 is pre-assembled and ready to install.
• Mount the ozone generator as high as possible within the spa’s protected equipment
area or outside.
• Screws are provided for mounting but may not be appropriate for all surfaces. Substitute
proper mounting hardware as required.
Plumbing – Vacuum System (refer to Figure 1)
• Most spas are factory equipped with an ozone injector or vacuum port, like the one
shown in Figure 1. Review your spa’s installation manual to identify the correct ozone
• If the spa is not equipped with an injector (vacuum source), A2Z Ozone Systems provides
a wide range of optional installation kits.
• Contact A2Z Customer Service for assistance at 502-499-4977 or visit
to view our venturi injectors.
Plumbing – Ozone Generator (refer to Figure 1)
• Connect shorter PVC ozone tubing (8 inch) provided to the hose barb on the ozone
• Connect other end to the check valve.
• Connect longer PVC tube to the other end of the check valve and run to the injector.
• Observe the flow arrow on the check valve and ensure that the flow direction is into the
injector vacuum source.
• Connect the other end of PVC tube to injector suction. Run the spa and pump and check
the vacuum before connecting PVC tube to injector.
• If there is no vacuum at suction then you will need to check the injector or pump water
• Do not connect ozonator if there is no vacuum at injector suction.
• Slide hose ties on each end into the tubing.
• Secure all tubing connections with the hose ties.
NOTE: If the Aquatic 2 is mounted below the water line, run tubing to a point above the
water line and back down to the vacuum source. Secure tubing in this position.
This diagram represents how the Aquatic Spa 2 Ozone Generator should be installed in
relation to the hot tub’s water and electric box. Additionally, the venturi injector and check
valve are on the ozone line. Remember, the spa ozone generator should be mounted as
high as possible to prevent backflow into the unit.
• Test the GFCI breaker protecting the spa for proper operation.
• Disconnect power to the spa.
• Connect the Aquatic 2 cord to the mating connector(s) on the spa control box as
described in the spa’s installation manual and the provided A2Z Ozone wiring diagram in
• Where possible, route the power cord away from other electrical lines. Do not run the
power cord parallel to any low voltage signal wires.
• Secure the power cord as required to prevent damage.
• With the spa filled to the proper level, run the spa controller through several cycles.
• Verify that the ozone generator turns on and off as required by the controller.
• The red LED light will be visible from the viewing window on the bottom left.
• Verify that the gas is flowing into the injector.
• There should be no water in the tubing and very small bubbles entering the spa
through the return.
• Verify that water does not push past the check valve during any spa cycle.
• Check for and correct any leaks.
• Once properly installed, the ozone generator requires no further user operation.
• It will operate automatically with the spa system.
This unit is shipped with the wiring as shown. 110V or 240V can be applied to the black and
white wires. To match alignment of the white wire of the ozone generator connector with the
controller box connector. Keep in mind, the white wire can be moved. Mount the unit so that
the tube, light and wires are toward the ground. Disregard the front label.
Please make sure water will not back into the Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator. Water will
damage the unit and void the warranty.
Please check these:
• Install the Aquatic 2 above water level and as high as possible.
• Mount the unit so the tube, light and wires are toward the ground (disregard front label).
• Install the check valve according to the arrow on the check valve (arrow is toward the
• You need an injector for injecting ozone into the spa’s water line.
• If you do not have a venturi injector, please contact us for purchasing one.
• This unit does not work without an injector.
• There should be a vacuum at ozone injector suction location.
• This can be felt with your finger when installing.
• Ozone generator should be on only when the spa pump is on.
• If your spa did not have an ozonator, then connect ozone electric wire to pump wires.
• To ensure the highest degree of sanitation at all times, refer to the chart below.
• Renew your spa ozone generator as needed with a renewal kit.
• To keep your Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator operating properly, please replace the air
filter in the unit every month.
Average Unit Life
2 hour/day ozone cycle
3 hour/day ozone cycle
6 hour/day ozone cycle
What to Do
though the unit
appears to be
Unit and pump not operating
Increase operating time (min. 6 hours
Total alkalinity not correct
Adjust total alkalinity between 8 and
pH not correctly balanced
Check for proper pH between 7.2 and
Not enough suction
Clear any obstruction in the water
lines or return fitting
Dirty, loose or cracked filter
Check/replace spa filter as needed
Metals or minerals in the
Ozone may react with metals/
minerals in the water causing cloudy
water. Check alkalinity pH and clean
filter. Run filtration system and ozone
System won’t turn
Water backing into the unit
Mounting the unit as high as possible
in relation to the spa water level is
important. There is also a one-way
check valve provided to prevent the
back flow of water from reaching it.
As a secondary precaution, a Hartford
Loop in the tubing, also hanging
above water level, will help prevent
water damage to the unit.
The red LED not lit
on ozone generator
No power to the ozonator
Check the electrical connections and
then the fuse
A2Z Ozone Systems Inc. - ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The limited warranty set forth below applies to products manufactured by A2Z Ozone Systems Inc. -
and sold by A2Z Ozone Systems or its authorized dealers. This limited warranty is given only to the first
retail purchaser of such products and is not transferable to any subsequent owners or purchasers of such
products. A2Z Ozone warrants that it or its authorized dealers will repair or replace, at its option, any
part of such products proven to be defective in materials or workmanship within ONE (1) year from
the date of retail purchase of such products. (All parts) ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT WILL BE
WARRANTED ONLY FOR THE BALANCE OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PERIOD. NOTE: USE
ONLY A2Z Ozone AUTHORIZED REPLACEMENT PARTS. USE OF ANY OTHER PART(S) WILL
AUTOMATICALLY VOID THIS WARRANTY. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
(a) Any labor charges for troubleshooting, removal, or installation of such parts;
(b) any repair or replacement of such parts necessitated by faulty installation, improper maintenance,
improper operation, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, fire, repair material, and/or unauthorized ac-
(c) Any such products installed without regard to required local codes and accepted trade practices;
(d) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS
FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED: AND
(e) A2Z Ozone SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LOSS OF USE OF
SUCH PRODUCTS, LOST PROFITS, DIRECT DAMAGES, INDIRECT DAMAGES, CONSEQUEN-
TIAL DAMAGES AND/OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Contact A2Z Ozone, 1844 Cargo Court Louisville, KY 40299, USA
Customer Service Number: +1 502-499-4977.
When filing a claim, you must provide:
1) Your name, mailing address and telephone number
2) The selling dealer’s name
3) Proof of date of purchase
4) The date of failure
5) A description of the failure.
After this information is provided, A2Z Ozone will release a RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATION
(RAN) NUMBER. After receiving the RAN number the part in question must be returned to A2Z
Ozone, freight prepaid, with the RAN number clearly marked on the outside of the package. All preau-
thorized defective parts must be returned to A2Z Ozone within thirty (30) days. Under no circumstanc-
es may any product be returned to A2Z Ozone without prior authorization. You must call or write prior
to returning product or your returned goods shipment will be refused. Upon receipt of preauthorized
returned goods, A2Z Ozone will repair or replace, at its option, the defective product(s) and return
them (shipping is prepaid for units under warranty for USA customers only). Buyer’s acceptance of the
product and use thereof constitutes acceptance of these terms.
A2Z Ozone WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD
This information can be also send by EMAIL to us. Please provide ALL pertinent information and send
within twenty (20) days to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, please fill out completely and return to A2Z Ozone by post within twenty (20) days of
Phone (____ ) ________________
Phone ( ) ________________
Purchased Date: _______________________Date Installed____________________
Product Purchased: AQUATIC 2 SPA OZONE GENERATOR
Comments / Questions:
DO NOT FORGET TO CUT OUT, PLACE IN ENVELOPE AND MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS FOR
INSTANT WARRANTY COVERAGE!
A2Z Ozone Systems Inc.
ATTN: Warranty Dept.
1844 Cargo Court
Louisville, KY 40299, USA